|Cooldown||6 sec (GCD 1 sec)|
|Requirements||Requires Ranged Weapon|
- Enjoy the fireworks, mon. — The Longeye
Explosive Shot is a hunter ability learned at level 10 for hunters who have chosen the Survival specialization. It is a great shot to use in place of , dealing more damage and making it one of the core abilities of the Survival Hunter.
- Each of the damage ticks from this ability can crit.
- When procs, remember not to spam all the charges instantly so that the 2-sec DoT can run its course.
- Hotfix (2009-04-21): "Critical strikes from the Hunter ability Explosive Shot should properly trigger Thrill of the Hunt again."
- Patch 3.1.0 (14-Apr-2009): Base damage lowered by 10%. Attack power scaling reduced by 12.5%. The periodic damage from this ability no longer triggers Judgement of Wisdom and Judgement of Light.
- Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20): Damage increased substantially, and additional scaling added to compensate Survival Hunters for the decrease in power of Steady Shot. No longer deals damage to secondary target.
- / Patch 3.0.2 (14-Oct-2008): Added.