|Cooldown||(GCD 1.5 sec)|
- It fled without a word... unless "AAAAAGH!" counts as a word. 
- The screams of dread that escape your mouth are intoxicating. — Victor Baltus (TCG)
Fear is a core warlock ability learned at level 14. Fear causes a single enemy to flee in fear, effectively disabling it temporarily. This can be a powerful, though dangerous, tool that is integral to warlock crowd control.
Fear has a damage limit. If the damage limit is reached, the Fear spell will break, regardless of the length of the spell. As of Cataclysm Glyph of Fear makes your Fear cause the target to tremble in place instead of fleeing in fear, but now causes Fear to have a 5 sec cooldown.
- Hotfix (2009-04-30): "Mana Burn now causes Fear, Hex and Psychic Scream to break early when used."
- Patch 1.8.0 (10-Oct-2005): Pets no longer break off attacks when their target is affected by Warlock Fear.
- Patch 1.7.0 (13-Sep-2005): Will now cause creatures to flee immediately, even if they are already moving.
- Patch 1.3.0 (07-Mar-2005): Mana cost changed to a percentage of base, which results in an increase in cost.
- Patch 1.2.0 (18-Dec-2004): Players now have an increasing chance to break free of the effect, such that it is unlikely the effect will last more than 15 seconds.