Schools of FishEdit
Schools of fish or floating debris appear at set locations along coastlines and rivers. Similar to the schools of fish particular to the Stranglethorn Fishing Extravaganza, players can catch specific fish and valuable items when their cast lands in the school. After several fish are caught, the school will disappear. Over time, schools will respawn in a similar way to mineral nodes or herbs.
Schools in AzerothEdit
- Deviate Fish (in the oases in The Barrens or in the waters inside Wailing Caverns)
- Oily Blackmouth (Darkshore, Menethil Harbor, Baradin Bay, Merchant Coast, The Forgotten Coast, Azshara Shore and off the little islands in the Bay of Storms)
- Firefin Snapper (Southshore, Baradin Bay, Azshara Shore and off the little islands in the Bay of Storms)
- Sagefish (Ashenvale near town, Hillsbrad Foothills all along the river)
- Greater Sagefish in the rivers and lakes of Stranglethorn, and near the ruins of Dalaran in Alterac
- Stonescale Eel - (Feralas, Tanaris, Azshara and southern Stranglethorn)
- Oil Slick (mostly contains Firefin Snapper and Oil Covered Fish)
- Floating Wreckage (all non-fish items, mainly chests of goods)
- Elemental Water (rarely found in Azshara area, contains Elemental Water, Globe of Water, and Essence of Water)
Schools of fish in Azeroth also occasionally contain the following semi-valuable items. These items are also found in Floating Wreckage:
Schools in OutlandEdit
- (found in Zangarmarsh)
- (found in Zangarmarsh and Terokkar Forest)
- Steam Pump Flotsam (found in Zangarmarsh, contains crates, , , and )
- (found in Terokkar Forest)
- (found in Nagrand)
- (found in Nagrand)
- Pure Water pools are found in Nagrand, most often on the Elemental Plateau; they contain .
- Highland Mixed Schools are found in the high lakes of Terokkar Forest (Lake Jorune, Lake Ere'Noru, and Blackwind Lake) that are only accessible by flight. They contain , Golden Darter, and the very rare . Unlike other schools, these are only visible at intervals, making them easier to miss. They do, however, show up via the Fish Tracking.
Any school of fish in Outland will also sometimes produce the following: