- A master of Scourge weaponry, the forgemaster hauls stocks of saronite ore and other precious materials to the cold forges where the mechanisms of death are born. With a host of rime weapons and exotic alloys at his disposal, it could get cold in here.
|Race||Flesh giant (Undead)|
|Location||Pit of Saron, Icecrown Citadel|
- ω ϖ—A permanent air of cold surrounds the Forgemaster, causing all nearby living creatures to take Frost damage. The Forgemaster's stacking buff. Ticks every two seconds...
- ω ϖ (Heroic modeω ϖ) 150 yd range—Throws a massive hunk of Saronite, dealing 3500 damage and knocking back any nearby enemies. 2 sec cast. 5,500 damage on Heroic. The resulting boulder blocks LoS of Permafrost and lasts five minutes.
- ω ϖ 50000 yd range—Devastates all nearby enemies, incapacitating them briefly. Instant. Cast when Garfrost is at 66/33% health before jumping to one of his anvils. 2 second stun.
Phase two only
- ω ϖ (Heroic modeω ϖ)—Forging an icebound weapon, which will increase Frost damage by 50%. 4 sec cast. Used at 66%. +100% Frost Damage in Heroic. Lasts all of phase two.
- ω ϖ (Heroic modeω ϖ) 40 yd range—A cascade of frozen water splashes over enemies in a 65 yd cone in front of the caster, dealing Frost damage. Instant. 1850/2000 Frost damage per second.
Phase three only
- ω ϖ (Heroic modeω ϖ)—Forging an icebound weapon to trump all others. 4 second cast. Used at 33%. +100%/200% Frost Damage. Lasts all of phase three.
- ω ϖ (Heroic modeω ϖ) 50000 yd range—Chills a random target, reducing movement speed by 50% and dealing significant Frost damage after 14 seconds. 2 second cast. Cannot be dispelled. Hits for 4,000/6,000 damage and stuns for 1 second after 14 seconds.
At the beginning of the fight, either by aggroing Garfrost himself or any of the in the room, all of the siegesmiths will aggro and join the fight. AoE them down, then focus on Garfrost once they're dead. s
- Forgemaster Garfrost hurls a massive saronite boulder at you!
Garfrost's main attack outside of basic melee is to throw saronite boulders at ranged players. The boss' boulder emote only appears above the player who actually has a boulder heading his/her way. Thrown boulders carry a large amount of kinetic energy and will both knock a player back and deal tremendous damage to anyone foolish enough to stand in its shadow.
The fight can be healing intensive due to constant party damage and line of sight/interrupt issues as healers have to dodge boulders or have one dropped between them and the tank. As such, all ranged dps should attack as melee from close behind Garfrost to allow AoE heals work effectively and cheaply. The healer should stand at a distance until one rock is thrown, then join them to avoid further boulder issues.
- Forgemaster Garfrost yells: Axe too weak. Garfrost make better and CRUSH YOU!
At 66 and 33%, Garfrost AoE stomps the instance, then jumps over to one of the two forges in his room and reforges his weapon to increase his frost damage dealt by 50% (100% in Heroic mode). While Garfrost is in his corner, the party should take the opportunity to get behind boulders until the debuff wears off. Mages should equip Mage Armor when battling Garfrost as the debuff's timer is cut in half and will usually vanish before it stacks past two.
Once everyone's debuff has worn off and is healed up, feel free to meet Garfrost in his corner. Garfrost does not lose aggro on the phase transitions, so rinse and repeat from 100% to 0.
In phase two Garfrost casts Chilling Waves in front of him. The tank (and only the tank) should be getting hit by the Chilling Waves.
- Forgemaster Garfrost yells: Garfrost tired of puny mortals. Now your bones will freeze!
- Forgemaster Garfrost casts Deep Freeze at <player>.
After the second phase transition, Garfrost's +frost damage bonus has increased to +100% (+200% on Heroic). Garfrost will use Deep Freeze on random players in the party. Make sure the player is at full health (and shielded if possible) when the debuff wears off, as Deep Freeze hits hard.
| || || |
| || || |
- Tiny creatures under feet, you bring Garfrost something good to eat!
- At 66%
- Axe too weak. Garfrost make better and CRUSH YOU!
- At 33%
- Garfrost tired of puny mortals. Now your bones will freeze!
- Hits someone with a Saronite Boulder
- That one maybe not so good to eat now. Stupid Garfrost! BAD! BAD!
- Kills a player
- Will save for snack. For later.
- Forgemaster Garfrost yells: Garfrost hope giant underpants clean. Save boss great shame. For later.
- Scourgelord Tyrannus yells: Another shall take his place. You waste your time.
- Martin Victus yells: The forgemaster is dead! Get geared up men, we have a Scourgelord to kill.
VideosIcecrown Dungeons 3.3 Pit of Saron + Forgemaster Garfrost(05:52)
- Patch 3.3.2 (2010-01-02): Players can now zone back into the instance if they are dead while encounters with Krick and Ick or Forgemaster Garfrost are in progress.