- Moved from User talk:Coobra#Titles.
Just a curiosity, why do you undo and then rename where I moved all the content and left a redirect link? oO
Loremaster A'noob, Arch Druid of the Noobhoof Clan (talk/contribz) 19:28, 21 July 2009 (UTC)
- Cause you're not moving them, you're copy/pasting then turning the original page into a redirect. User:Coobra/Sig4 19:30, 21 July 2009 (UTC)
- I'm limited in rename number, but isn't that the same result?
- Loremaster A'noob, Arch Druid of the Noobhoof Clan (talk/contribz) 19:32, 21 July 2009 (UTC)
- No, the history log needs to go with it, if you can't move it due to an error ask an admin to delete the page you wish to have it moved to. User:Coobra/Sig4 19:34, 21 July 2009 (UTC)
- No error, it's a security against scam/spam.
- I can remove all NPC title eh? Not only the lore ones, you confirm?
- Loremaster A'noob, Arch Druid of the Noobhoof Clan (talk/contribz) 19:36, 21 July 2009 (UTC)
- According to WW:NAME minor characters, whose full name is unknown, names should be listed under the name that is displayed in-game... however, the articles you've been moving do have full names. So to me its unclear if minor characters should be moved at all, even if they do have full names, most of them are just space filler. User:Coobra/Sig4 19:41, 21 July 2009 (UTC)
I think its time we revisit the naming policy. With several characters (NPCs) appearing in multiple locations I believe we need to define how to name them. We'll use Gryan Stoutmantle as the prime example of this. In westfall he is named his full name, whereas in Grizzly Hills he is named Captain Gryan Stoutmantle. Now I think he just remain as that with the title. Otherwise the other way of doing is Gryan Stoutmantle (Grizzly Hills). Both lead to the same thing, separate pages, but leaving captain in not only makes it look better, but is less to type out. When refering to him would you rather type out A)
[Gryan Stoutmantle (Grizzly Hills)|Gryan Stoutmantle] or B)
[Captain Gryan Stoutmantle]. User:Coobra/Sig4 00:25, 25 July 2009 (UTC)
I think we should also address minor characters and being moved. If they are simple do nothing, or do one thing, NPCs that serve their purpose I don't think they should be moved. They aren't important enough in my opinion to have redirects from their in-game name. User:Coobra/Sig4 00:31, 25 July 2009 (UTC)
- Isn't Gryan Stoutmantle's title something he has earned since he was in Westfall, since Peacekeeper Jadaar and Investigator Asric lost their jobs and their titles when failing to do their job with Griftah. (They are now having a drink somewhere in the Underbelly) I think it's Blizzards way of making an ingame timeline. TherasTaneel (talk) 00:35, 25 July 2009 (UTC)
I though we should name NPC's article without taking care of their title, and if they appears in multiple places (lore progression) we should name them with a (Zone) after their name.
Where is the "Truth"? (don't answer "the truth is out there")
Loremaster A'noob, Arch Druid of the Noobhoof Clan (talk/contribz) 10:21, 25 July 2009 (UTC)