Hello, I wanted to ask you if this community would be interested in helping us improve search suggestions by participating in a little experiment? As part of our constant effort to improve this facet of our search functionality, we want to try out some alternate methods. If you agree, we will try out these changes here and measure the results. The testing period will last between two to four weeks. During that period you will see the following improvements: much faster search suggestions and a different look for the way they appear. The possible drawbacks are: search suggest will only provide namespace suggestions (no images or categories), and any new articles created during the test will not automatically appear in search suggest (although we can manually add them if that will help). --semanticdrifter (help forum | blog) 15:18, October 2, 2013 (UTC)
- Just a heads up that this experiment will be going live this week (took a bit longer to prepare than I anticipated) and is scheduled to run through the end of the year. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. --semanticdrifter (help forum | blog) 19:33, November 19, 2013 (UTC)
To give feedback:
- The easy way
- In the editor, in the box under "Subject/headline:" at the upper right, enter a short version of your feedback.
- In the big box in the lower middle, enter the long version of your feedback with any other comments or details.
- Put in the big box after the other stuff:
- Source editor
- Try to make a new section for each piece of feedback. Here's the recommended format (in wikicode; the below is purely an example and not actual feedback):
== New search results unpredictable ==
The search results don't seem to be consistent when using the same search term twice in a row.