(This is a dead topic, Please do not edit this page!)
Moved from User talk:Kirkburn#'Magical Fields'.
It's starting to bother me that most lists of characters, such as Dreadlords, have this 'Magical Field' box. It states whether their magic was... Ice or Death or whatever. Aside from the fact that it is an illogical addition, because no such being has any known emphasis on one field of magic alone, there is also the fact that there are zero citation possibilities for these magical fields.
I suggest they all be removed. The statistic pages for Warcraft 3 units also make for an incredibly ugly sight on Lore pages. These are just my opinions and I thought I'd pass them along just in case you might agree.
- Could you provide an example of a "'Magical Field' box"? If it is what I think it is, then it had to do with the spells that unit could cast, and the 'Orb of <element>' that each Dreadlord had floating around his claw. I would not call it illogical. The statistics sections are slowly being split off by g0urra, so we will see what he does and does not keep.-- 16:45, 17 May 2009 (UTC)
- The orb may have been a good indication of some aspect of the Dreadlord; but really. The abilities of most canonical units in Warcraft 3 are almost identical depending on their class. Dalvengyr casts the same spells as most other dreadlords, only some other heroes like Tichondrius might have one or two spells different. Is that enough to create a 'magical field' box? So what does this magical field actually mean? That this dreadlord's primary element is; Ice? So what does that mean? He only uses Ice spells? Or that his orb is an Orb of Frost? I find it to be a useless list and the result of nothing but wild guesswork.
- http://www.wowwiki.com/List_of_death_knights Same applies for the Death Knights.
- You would have to ask whoever started that. The history of that page is misleading, as it was split off of another page that I can not find. Baggins or Ragestorm may know.-- 21:03, 17 May 2009 (UTC)
This is somewhat beyond my involvement: the forums would be a better place to discuss something like this, in the Forum:WoWWiki policy area. 14:34, 20 May 2009 (UTC)
- I moved the page.-- 21:46, 20 May 2009 (UTC)
Alright then; I'm not sure what the consensus is, so I'm going to assume we're sticking by a combo of what Sandwichman and myself said; rather moving information of what orbs dreadlords use for example, but removing the magical fields? That is, until someone would like to voice their opinion otherwise. I just don't see any opposition thus far, however. --Timolas (talk) 15:54, 26 May 2009 (UTC)