(This is a dead topic, Please do not edit this page!)
Yes, I am confused about these Categories. Image Requests should just be in one easy ScreenShot Request Category, no? In the Special:Unusedcategories page, theres at least 10 Zone Specific Image Request pages that I personally see redundant. Then again, I am fairly new to WoWWiki, so I wanted to get some feedback before randomly marking 10 things for Speedy Delete.
- No, the zone-specific categories are fine. --
( • ) 01:32, November 18, 2009 (UTC)
- One second, maybe I should re-word my Question. Zone-Specific Categories are a great way to keep lots of information organized through respective zones, obviously. On a similar note, a Category specifically designed for the organization of Articles that request a screenshot, like the ScreenShot Requested Categories, are also great to help people who want to upload some screenshots find where they should be.
- However, does a ScreenShot Request, specifically for a Zone, really that useful? Alright, let's say theres a monster in the Burnning Steppes. I go to that Monster and I see theres no ScreenShot. Shouldn't I just put that page into a general ScreenShot request Category instead of just a Burning Steppes ScreenShot Requets category?
Theres three types of Categories
- Burning Steppes ScreenShots
- ScreenShot Requests
- ScreenShot Requests for Burning Steppes
So far, thats my understanding of how this works. If I am wrong about that, then I am wrong about the rest. However, if I am write, try to stay with me.
So, if theres a ScreenShot Request Category, and a ScreenShot Request Category for a Specific Zone, whats the point of the Specific Zone category?
That is what I am trying to ask. However, if I have those three Categories wrong and/or confused, then just point that out to me and I'll know my entire question is founded on a misconception. TeeSon5 (talk) 01:45, November 18, 2009 (UTC)
- Screenshots is for screenshots that already exist. Requests is for pages that need screenshots. --
( • ) 01:51, November 18, 2009 (UTC)
- I think I'll have to link them to you for you to understand.
Theres three types of Categories
- Burning Steppes ScreenShots- http://www.wowwiki.com/Category:Burning_Steppes
- ScreenShot Requests- http://www.wowwiki.com/Category:Image_requests
- ScreenShot Requests for Burning Steppes- http://www.wowwiki.com/Category:Burning_Steppes_image_requests
- No, it's fine. -- ( • ) 01:59, November 18, 2009 (UTC)
Burning Steppes is a bad example to be using. Older content, the more empty a request category is going to be. But working off of Burning Steppes:
- Category:Burning Steppes → Contains everything (including categories) about the zone.
- Category:Image requests → A general category containing all the zone image request categories.
- Category:Burning Steppes image requests → Contains the requests for the specific zone Burning Steppes. It is also a subcategory of Category:Burning Steppes.
Each zone has its own request category for the basic reason of keeping things organized. As well as lets users know what actual things in the zone they might currently be in that needs an image. If I decided I want to go through Burning Steppes to gather images for wowwiki, I would look at the specific category for requests... I would see no requests and thus wouldn't need to make a trip through Burning Steppes. However, if all the requests were in one category, I wouldn't know what would actually need something in the area I'm in and would have to check each page to see. Understand? User:Coobra/Sig4 02:27, November 18, 2009 (UTC)
- Yes, thanks for clearing it up. Is it possible this post be deleted entirely so I don't look like such a god forsaken fool? TeeSon5 (talk) 02:29, November 18, 2009 (UTC)
- As I've mentioned elsewhere recently, if we delete this topic, we can no longer point to this very topic to say "here is the explanation". Which leaves the next person to come along nothing to refer to. (And thus are born FAQs... :) )
- Contrarily, that you ask this question leaves open the other question, "Where should this be explained?" So, TeeSon5, where did you look for an explanation of the structure of things, before resorting to asking? It may be useful to place this explanation somewhere near there, or provide a link, or something. --Eirik Ratcatcher (talk) 19:33, November 18, 2009 (UTC)