WARNING!!! All of these points are only based on rumors and have absolutely NO conformations from the lore department at Blizzard Entertainment.
This thought has nagged at the back of my head for weeks now so I'm just now bringing it up. The changes the are planned to made in Cataclysm regarding Garrosh and the Horde strikes me flabbegasting as it makes the Horde appear really harsh and dare I say it...EVIL!
1. He is expecting to cast out almost all non orcs from Orgrimmar creating thoughts and racism and xenophobia in an already unstable political faction.
2. The increased fury of the Horde offensives, the razing of Night Elf lands and siege of Gilneas (which I interpret to be attempts at genocide), are presumably the ideas of the rageaholic son of Hellscream who is to become the new Warchief.
3. That turd-skinned nobody is supposedly going the execute Cairne Bloodhoof who is not only my respected racial leader but also the very icon of what I can consider decent and righteous in the New Horde.
- In every life we have some trouble
- When you worry you make it double
- Don't worry, be happy User:Coobra/Sig4 21:26, March 28, 2010 (UTC)
- I agree... who else would we throw snowballs at during the holidays =P User:Coobra/Sig4 19:25, March 30, 2010 (UTC)
- I suppose there is always Baine or Hamuul to lead the tauren just in case Cairne gets his bloodhoof bled or one to Garrosh's liking...Magatha. Think about it, Warcraft Episode 5: The Grimtotems Strike Back.AhotahThunderhorn (talk) 21:03, March 30, 2010 (UTC)
- Hmm.. if Magatha takes over... I could see the Horde becoming darker.... but then again, if she did take over, they'd probably leave the horde seeing as the grimtotems don't like any race and consider them all lesser. User:Coobra/Sig4 22:06, March 30, 2010 (UTC)
- I think it'll be intersting, the Garrosh's coup d'Etat, the expulsion of thrall, an allegiance with Drek'thar and Saurfang and other rebels, the assassination of cairne, maybe some subornated goblins and facist elves, some trials to assassinate sylvannas from both horde and alliance and a revenge with plague bombs in gilneas or stormwind. But Garrosh would not make the horde PLAYERS evil, the horde will be in a serious crisis and dictature and the player could take Garrosh or Saurfang side and make secret missions to control the horde. It could really turn out to something awesome.(Huhuhuhuf)
Garrosh becomes the new Warchief of the Horde, and after a fight(verbal) with Vol'jin, he forces the trolls to leave and evicts all non-orc/tauren npcs and give the goblins a slum in which to live in. He does get disgusted after seeing Slyvannas use the newly gained Val"kys to creat more Forsaken, so there might be tension between Horde and Forsaken, especially after the WrathGate events.Also if you check Cairne's page, its shown that the Grimtotems have been slowly poisoning him, and that after a duel with Garrosh, succumbs to the poison. I wouldn't mind a more aggressive, darker Horde. I always loved the Old Horde, blood-crazed orcs, cannibal trolls, powerful ogres, crazed goblins and death knights. So take out ogres and replace them with tauren and add the Forsaken, and its just like having Blackhand back. Victory for the Horde! Long live Hellscream!Gorlack2231 (talk) 03:52, July 6, 2010 (UTC)
Gonna throw my two cents into this. Garrosh is probably going to throw the horde into chaos over the course of the Cata patch cycle, and, hopefully, by the end, Thrall will come back and retake the Horde. As this seems too easy, I'd wager a small fraction of the Horde will splinter with Garrosh when Thrall returns, and Garrosh, hopefully, will become a sort of raid boss/world boss for both Alliance and Horde to take down. Saberd of The Shattered Sun (talk) 04:45, July 6, 2010 (UTC)
From what I've seen so far of the Beta, (via the official forums and stuff, don't have an invite *tear*) It looks really good, Garrosh always seemed like such a disapointment considering he is the spawn of Grommash, but he really looks like he has found some more stable beliefs and is sticking to them. The biggest concern i think was turning the horde into a black and white evil style, which looks like quite the opposite is happening, they are deffinetly getting more rough (I mean they are the Horde) but there still seems to be alot of moral greyness, If anything, Sylvanas looks like shes becoming worse then Garrosh (which she sould have been from the start anyway, still can't believe she faked that she wasn't involved with the Wrathgate...) Max Krist (talk contribs) 07:33, July 6, 2010 (UTC)
- I have ultimately changed my opinions of Garrosh Hellscream. I have noticed a few things from the Beta that no longer seem to show him off as a sadistic warmonger.
1)He punishes one of his highest ranking commanders for attacking a peaceful(?) druid town by pushing him off an elevated platform.
2)He is extremely disturbed by the idea that he killed Cairne, and even leads an assault to retake his allies' city.
3)He is utterly disgusted by the use of Vrykul to raise soldiers into undeath and forbids the use of the Forsaken plague.
These traits seem to make Garrosh into something I like to call: a realist. In the least, he's no worse than Sylvanas ever worse or the Alliance leader King Varian Wrynn.AhotahThunderhorn (talk) 23:26, July 8, 2010 (UTC)
- I agree with you fully. Garrosh may be foul-mouthed but he is not a sadist, just for that. He just wants what is best for the Horde. In reality, it is often disputes about how to go about solving a problem. Garrosh have his way to solve things on while Thrall has his way. --Mirdamor (talk) 15:31, July 9, 2010 (UTC)
Garrosh is still a jerk, Sylvanas is out of control, Baine is new, and after listening to Gallywix's quotes I've lost hope. Blizzard totally screwed over the Horde. Copperblast (talk) 23:06, July 14, 2010 (UTC)
- Let's Evaluate that statement shall we:
- 1)Numerous vagrants and homeless call Varian Wrynn the devil and blame him for all the problems currently effecting humanity.
- 2)Magni Bronzebeard became a beacon for bird crap after becoming a statue and the future of Ironforge is looking uncertain.
- 3)Over on the Night Elf side, one of their greatest leaders lost his freakin' mind and is considered too dangerous to be free.
- 4)What are you talking about? Greymane has caused considerable suffering to his own people through his own actions just to maintain his ego.
- Overall, the Horde may actually have it better than the Alliance. While I initially believed Garrosh to be a terrible choice for Warchief, in these times of chaos and destruction his up front and admittingly brutal style of leadership will hold the Horde together greater than I believe Thrall would have. P.S. Varian is the one that declared war so the Horde is finally getting of its ass and doing something about the haughty Grand Alliance.AhotahThunderhorn (talk) 03:31, July 16, 2010 (UTC)
- I'm confuzzled, So is Greymane a reformed, idolized leader or still the same dead beat scum bag in Cata? I hate that traitor for turning his back on Lordaeron and the Alliance and I sure hope Blizz aren't absolving him of that crime. I can't wait to lop his head off... Max Krist (talk contribs) 07:34, July 17, 2010 (UTC)
- It seems like they're pretty much whitewashing Greymane from the beta so far, orcs randomly use a heavily mutated fel orc in the Gilneas attack, and no other racial leader is getting the same exaggerated treatment as Sylvanas. Looks like our worries were true.