|Frost Warding, Frostbite, Permafrost, Precision, Frost Channeling|
Frost Armor is a mage spell that grants a self buff which increases armor and has a chance to snare attackers. Enemies that attack with melee have a chance to become chilled, slowing their movement and attack speed.
- Mages begin the game with this rank already learned.
At level 30 mages learn Ice Armor which is exactly the same as Frost Armor except it includes frost resistance. Since only one type of armor self-buff can be used at a time, this spell becomes obsolete once Ice Armor is learned.
Frost Warding: Increases the armor and resistance bonuses of Frost Armor by up to 50% at max rank.
Glyph of Ice Armor: Your Ice Armor and Frost Armor spells grant an additional 50% armor and resistance.
Glyph of Frost Armor: Increases the duration of your Frost Armor and Ice Armor spells by 30 min.
Tips and tactics
The snare effect means never having to fight aggressive mobs you'd rather run past, assuming they don't resist every time. On foot, a chasing creature will get in 2 or 3 hits (some things run faster and swing faster than others) before you outpace them; mounted characters will be hit a single time before getting away.
- Patch 3.3.0 (08-Dec-2009): The buff will be stored in a Consolidation Box when received. It will come out when 3 min. is left.
- Patch 1.8.0 (10-Oct-2005): Fixed a bug where the Chilled effect caused by Ice Armor/Frost Armor was not removed properly when shapeshifting.
- Patch 1.6.0 (12-Jul-2005): Targets that are immune to movement slowing effects will no longer be affected by the Chill's movement slowing effect. Targets will still have their melee attack speed reduced.
- Patch 1.3.0 (07-Mar-2005): Mana cost reduced.