Fungal giant artwork
|Racial leader(s)||Quagmirran and Hungarfen|
Fungal giants (a.k.a. spore giants) stand as a prime example of Zangarmarsh's remarkable fauna. Though relatively non-aggressive, these lumbering behemoths are savagely efficient at dispatching their adversaries when provoked. They feed on other native swamp creatures, as well as any Lost Ones unlucky enough to stray too close to the giants' beloved hideaways.
Recently, they have come into conflict with Sporeggar. Driven by starvation due to the continuous sapping of the marsh's resource by the naga, they have began to roam the spawning glen, preying on sporeling young. Members of the Cenarion Expedition are looking for a peaceful solution to allow the two species to cohabitate the marsh.
Notable fungal giantsEdit
OriginEditThis section concerns content exclusive to Cataclysm.
A number of fungal giants also appear in Deepholm. They appear to have been colossi who were struck by a curse similar to the Curse of Flesh. It is likely that it is caused by the Stone trogg. The other giants share no love for their fungal brethren.
- Fungal giants are considered giants in-game, showing the creature type "giant" under their names.
- If they are idle long enough, they will sniff their fungal-ridden armpits and then try to fan away the stink.
- Based on the text of , fungal giants seem to have three hearts.
- They can also be "skinned" by those that have the herbalism skill, yielding herbs, Motes of Life, and Unidentified Plant Parts. The skill required is 5 times the level of the giant, and does not reward a point in the profession.
- Fungal Giants' faces appear similar to the logo of the band Mushroomhead; whether or not this is intentional is unknown.