A gas cloud is a small pocket of floating gas that forms in certain regions; its type of gas depends on its current location. They can be seen by anyone, and anyone with a in their bags can track them on the minimap, but only engineers using the can acquire the gas within. Unlike other resource nodes, gas clouds are mobile. Sometimes a cloud will be in an inaccessible location, in which case players need to wait for it to move into range before harvesting it.
- Arcane Vortexes in Netherstorm for
- Felmist in Shadowmoon Valley for
- Swamp Gas in Zangarmarsh and The Steamvault for
- Windy Clouds in Nagrand for
- Arctic Clouds in Howling Fjord, Dragonblight, Storm Peaks, and Icecrown produce and .
- Cinder Clouds in the Savage Thicket in Sholazar Basin, Cauldron of Flames in Wintergrasp, and Obsidian Dragonshrine in Dragonblight produce .
- Steam Clouds in Sholazar Basin and around the Geyser Fields and Scalding Pools in Borean Tundra produce and .
Patch 3.2.0 (04-Aug-2009): now has innate tracking for gas clouds while it is in your inventory. Tracking of gas clouds has been removed from goggles.
Patch 2.3.0 (13-Nov-2007): Windy Clouds in Nagrand now produce .
Patch 2.3.0 (13-Nov-2007): Swamp Gas in Zangarmarsh now produce instead of .