|Gavinrad the Dire|
|Affiliation||Alliance of Lordaeron, Kingdom of Stormwind, Champions of Peace|
|Position||Commander of the Champions of Peace|
Gavinrad was originally one of the knights who accompanied Anduin Lothar in the exodus from Azeroth during the First War. He was considered one of the most pious of Lothar's troops. Lothar recommended to Archbishop Alonsus Faol that Gavinrad join Uther, Turalyon, Tirion Fordring and Saidan Dathrohan as the first members of the Silver Hand, and the Archbishop agreed.
After Kel'Thuzad's death, and the strange happenings in the area, Uther thought it wise to ensure that the necromancer never walked again. To that end, he stationed Gavinrad and his Champions of Peace to guard the cemetery near Andorhal, where Kel'Thuzad was buried. The Scourge required the remains of the former necromancer and so Gavinrad ended up face to face with Arthas, the treacherous son of King Terenas, and the prince advised the paladin to step aside. When Gavinrad refused, Arthas unleashed his undead forces upon him, and he and his soldiers were slain.
- Arthas! Stop this madness before it is too late!
- I can't believe that we ever called you brother! I knew it was a mistake to accept a spoiled prince into our order. You've made a mockery of the Silver Hand!
- He could also be a random hero on other multiplayer or campaign maps.
- The in-game files refer to him as Lord Nicholas Buzan.
- He appears in the novel Arthas: Rise of the Lich King and he speaks not only his lines from Warcraft III, but the lines of Ballador the Bright and Sage Truthbearer as well.
Statistics from Warcraft IIIEdit
- Level 2
- 700 HP
- 270 MP
- 26-36 normal damage
- 4 hero armor
- 24 Strength Primary Attribute
- 14 Agility
- 18 Intelligence
- Holy Light - Level 1 (heals a friendly unit for 200 HP or damages an undead unit for 100 HP)
- Devotion Aura - Level 2 - (increases armor by 3 to nearby units)