Ghost Wolf is a core shaman ability learned at level 15. It transforms the shaman into the form of a ghost wolf, increasing movement speed by 30%.
- Move 30% faster (The Enchant Boot - Minor Speed enchant has no effect on Ghost Wolf speed)
- Attack with a bite attack; damage and attack speed depend on what weapon the shaman has equipped.
- Become hard to see by other players (though this won't affect aggressive mobs).
- Your ability to loot, skin, and gather herbs remains usable.
- Carry the flag in Warsong Gulch.
- Do a silly dance! (/dance)
- Ghost Wolf is treated as a magical buff and thus can be dispelled by priests, hunters, a felhunter, or another shaman.
- Ghost Wolf can be spellstolen by a mage, though the mage won't take the morph effect, he/she will just dispel the buff.
- Ghost Wolf doesn't make you immune to Polymorph. Some players still believe it does.
- Ghost Wolf changes your type to Beast.
- There are four PvP rewards which further increase the speed by +15% speed when in ghost wolf form (will not work for players above level 60).
- If [Rockbiter Weapon] has been cast prior to becoming a wolf and the shaman keeps that weapon equipped, it will significantly increase the damage done with each bite.
- Passive abilities from weapons and items and procs are not active.
- Certain buffs from potions and some spells disappear.
- Some weapon buffs' effect are not active (like [Flametongue Weapon], [Windfury Weapon], and [Frostbrand Weapon]).
- In Ghost Wolf, your standard Unarmed DPS is reduced.
- In Ghost Wolf, the caster can't:
- / Patch 4.0.1 (12-Oct-2010): Can now be used indoors.
- Patch 3.3.0 (08-Dec-2009): Can now be learned at level 16. While in this form, snaring effects may not bring the shaman below base normal run speed.
- Patch 1.8.0 (10-Oct-2005): Will now correctly have its cast time reduced by Nature's Swiftness.