|Gift of the Naaru|
|Priest: Silent Resolve, Spiritual Healing|
Shaman: Healing Grace, Purification
Gift of the Naaru is a racial ability of the draenei. It heals a target over 15 seconds. The total amount healed depends on the character's level and is increased by either ~110% of the caster's attack power (22% per tick) or ~188.5% of the caster's spell power (~37.7% per tick), whichever bonus is higher.
The amount healed increases with each level. The amount at selected character levels is:
The amount healed (without spell power / attack power increase) is calculated by:
Level * 15 + 35 = total amount,
Level * 3 + 7 = amount per tick.
A blue sigil appears on the forehead of the caster for 15 seconds.
The amount healed is typically modest compared to most healer class abilities, but don't forget about it - this ability costs no resources, and does not trigger the global cooldown (though it is affected by it).
Gift of the Naaru is mostly neglected by talents in all builds; the choices come down to threat-reduction and +healing. Since the ability is a HoT it cannot crit, and talents that would enhance crit are useless. It also costs no mana, so it can't cost any less to cast.
Tricks and Tactics
- Gift of the Naaru is a great "oh s***!" button for Draenei of any class. Since it has no cast time, it can be cast on the run or in a crunch. Priests, Paladins or Shamans can drop Gift, and then follow it up with a fast heal or two to get back on their feet.
- In raid/instance situations, when the entire group takes massive damage (such as Festergut's Pungent Blight), a Draenei can pop this to alleviate some of the stress on the healers.
- It can be cast on other players and although it is not the most powerful heal it can help when thrown into a regular healing rotation.
- Because it doesn't trigger the GCD, tanks (or pretty much anybody) can drop it on themselves to help out with the healing, and not lose too much other work.
- Shadow Priests can use this ability even with on.
- Patch 3.1.0 (14-Apr-2009): The cast time has been removed; it is now an instant cast.
- / Patch 3.0.2 (14-Oct-2008): The amount healed is increased based on the caster's spell power or attack power, whichever is higher. In addition, the ability is now immune against pushback effects.
- Patch 2.1.0 (22-May-2007): It now works with , but not with the shaman talent Healing Focus.
- / Patch 2.0.1 (05-Dec-2006): Gift of the Naaru has been added to the game.