| This article or section is a lore stub. You can help expand it by editing it.
- Due to Gilneas' isolationist policy, it is possible that the Brigade was formed by Gilnean dissidents, and the pro-Alliance rebels lead by Darius Crowley. Although, how these men would have escaped the Greymane Wall is a mystery.
- It could also be that the members of the Brigade, were some of the villagers of Pyrewood, as new information suggests that Pyrewood was originally a Gilnean village. This could explain their existance, as Pyrewood was not isolated behind the Greymane Wall.
- As stated in the World of Warcraft game website Genn Greymane story Lord Darius Crowley sent troops to Jaina Proudmoore during the Third War which was called the Gilneas Brigade.
- ^ Warcraft III - The Invasion of Kalimdor - Cry of the Warsong
- ^ World of Warcraft: Cataclysm - Features - Leaders of the Alliance: Genn Greymane. Official World of Warcraft: Cataclysm site , page 11. “Crowley had not accepted the wall with grace. He had defied Greymane and had even aided the Alliance during what was now known as the Third War by sending the "Gilneas Brigade" to Lady Jaina Proudmoore.”