Its chief distinguishing characteristics are its extremely long neck and legs, its horn, and its distinctive coat patterns.
Giraffes are preyed on by lions; their calves are also targeted by leopards, and spotted hyenas. Adult giraffes do not have strong social bonds, though they do gather in loose aggregations if they happen to be moving in the same general direction. Males establish social hierarchies through "necking", which are combat bouts where the neck is used as a weapon. Dominant males gain mating access to females, which bear the sole responsibility for raising the young. Giraffes are graceful herbivores with long necks. They eat the leaves from the tops of trees. Giraffes are docile herbivores, but defend themselves with their hooves if attacked. The barbaric centaur over-hunted giraffes for decades, but it was the tauren who saved this species from extinction.
- Barrens Giraffe - Generally lower in level (15-16), mostly found in the northern part of the Barrens.
- Wandering Barrens Giraffe - Generally higher level (18-19), mostly found close to Camp Taurajo.
- [[Dusthoof Giraffe]]
- [[Elder Barrens Giraffe]]
- [[Giraffe Calf]]
- [[Longneck Grazer]]
- Giraffe corpses are skinnable.
- Giraffes cannot serve as hunter pets.
- There are no currently known quests that involves killing giraffes. This makes them somewhat unique.
- Giraffes in WoW use exactly the same set of bleats as the Goatmen demons from Diablo 2.