Grand Crusader is a passive paladin ability learned at level 50 for those with the Protection specialization. Dodging/parrying a melee attack will give a chance for refreshing the cooldown of and cause it to generate one holy power.
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 6.0.2 (October 14, 2014): Grand Crusader now triggers from any avoidance, not just dodge and parry.
- Patch 5.4.0 (10-Sep-2013) Grand Crusader no longer has a chance to activate from Crusader Strike and Hammer of the Righteous, but now has a 30% chance to activate when dodging or parrying a melee attack (up from 12%).
- Patch 5.2.0 (5-Mar-2013): Grand Crusader now has a chance to activate when the Paladin doges or parries a melee attack in addition to having a 12% chance (was 20%) to activate from Crusader Strike or Hammer of the Righteous.
- Patch 4.1.0 (26-Apr-2011): Grand Crusader will now generate a charge of Holy Power if the Avenger Shield it procs is used within 6 seconds.
- / Patch 4.0.1 (12-Oct-2010): Added.