- "We're not your classic superheros. We're not the favorites. We're the other guys."
<Boomstick Saints> is a social, casual raiding, and roleplaying guild on Sisters of Elune (US). The founding members are primarily transfers/exiles from Scarlet Crusade (US). The guild's signature roleplaying style involves liberal use of character-driven plot as opposed to pre-scripted plot.
At the time of the organization's inception, it was known as <Relic Hunter> or the Mercenary Relic Hunting Company. They operated under the terms of a mutually exclusive contract with Magni Bronzebeard and the Explorers' League. Ironforge would receive its cut of the Hunters' findings, with the remaining profits going to the Hunters themselves. Due to repeated sackings of the Scarlet Monastery and Stratholme, the Hunters found themselves at odds with the Scarlet Crusade.
Over time, the Crusade began to fight back against the Hunters. Kennet, in particular, has been captured on no less than two separate occasions by the Crusade, leading up to some rather spectacular jailbreak efforts. Alberich has also spent his share of time incarcerated by the Crusade. At the end of their contract with Bronzebeard, the Crusade intensified their efforts against the Hunters and succeeded in scattering the members to the winds.
After having their main official support disrupted, the Hunters were dispersed to all corners of Azeroth and beyond. The following (incomplete) list details the known whereabouts of the old Hunters immediately prior to the time of their reformation.
- Discovered in Hellfire Peninsula near Honor Hold by Kennet. Has not disclosed to anyone what he has done between the time the Ironforge contract ended and his rediscovery in Outland.
- A versatile rogue that is proficient in both working alone and in a group. He is ferociously loyal to his comrades and viciously sadistic towards his enemies. Trained by alliance military before he was recruited by SI:7 where he still functions as a Third Finger operative; Bowien has since joined the Boomstick Saints at the request of Alberich and Kennet, with whom he appears to be old friends.
- Imprisoned and tortured by the Scarlet Crusade. Escaped via currently unknown means to reunite with Loral.
- Calls himself "Lord Tyon". With an insatiable lust for power and unconcealed joy in destruction, it's still not known why Alberich trusts him as much as he does. May have made an oblique reference to the catacombs beneath Karazhan just prior to his disappearance.
Note: If you are a current member, feel free to add your character to the list above!
Upon reuniting with several other key members, the Relic Hunters reformed as the Boomstick Saints. The Saints are currently primarily dedicated to self-preservation and the pursuit of long-term personal goals, as they no longer have Ironforge to answer to or support them.
Goals + Mission
Like Indiana Jones or Captain Jack Sparrow, the group as a whole tends to be a pack of glorious failures, either failing with utter style or succeeding in spite of themselves. (The Saints, however, would object loudly to being described in this way.) As such, the goals of the Boomstick Saints are as diverse as those who fill its ranks. With some exceptions (notably their more straight-forward Draenei members), they tend to have dubious exteriors but ultimately have hearts of gold. Maybe. They believe in justice, power, truth, peace, and of course, loot. The prime obligation, however, is to the organization and its members - they are tight-knit and fiercely devoted to each other. The Saints have had their survival threatened too many times for them to act otherwise.
The founding members of the Boomstick Saints also act as general points of contact for recruitment. They are as follows.
Criteria for Recruits
The Saints are currently actively considering all candidates for membership. Competence, intelligence, and an interest in roleplaying are the primary criteria for membership. All other criteria are negligible in the light of these three. Those interested should contact the points of contact listed above.
An application can be found in the public forums of our web page. http://www.boomsticksaints.com/