Defiance is a PvE progression guild that is focused exclusively on 10-man raids. The guild is based on the Hellfire-EU realm. We are dedicated towards end-game raiding with an experienced team of raiders.
- Heroic Icecrown Citadel - 11/12
- Ruby Sanctum - Progression on heroic Halion (Best attempt 2% on October 31, 2010)
- Icecrown Citadel - Cleared
Defiance was originally formed by Arrowsong and Midnight in February 2009. Their goal was to make Defiance a competative raiding guild that would become one of the top progression guilds on the server. Ridly became co-Guild Leader after Midnight left due to time limitation. By organising Naxxramas pugs they recruited people on the spot who showed good raiding potential. In the following weeks the guild grew considerably and started running 25-man raids. The first boss killed as a 25-man raid was Sartharion in Obsidian Sanctum on March 22nd 2009. At this time Defiance also started progression in Naxxramas 25-man, quickly clearing the instance and moving on to Malygos in The Eye of Eternity.
When Ulduar was released, Defiance continued their strong raid progression, moving up to be one of the top twenty guilds on Hellfire and also maintaining a strong 10-man presence working on the hard mode bosses. On November 8, 2009, they earned their Reins of the Rusted Proto-Drakes after completing the Glory of the Ulduar Raider meta-achievement.
By the time Trial of the Crusader was opened in August 2009, they had moved up into the top 10, and was one of the first guilds to clear the new raid instance.
By the end of April 2010, after a slow period where Defiance had to deal with attendancy problems, the decision was made to merge with Flinter Spaction in the hope to respark 25-man progression. After 4 weeks the merge proved to be unsuccessful due to differences between the culture of both guilds.
Weekly raid schedule
With Cataclysm almost out, there are limited raidnights. Most runs occur on the following nights:
- Tuesday, 20:00 - 23:00 Server - Icecrown Citadel or Ruby Sanctum
- Thursday, 20:00 - 23:00 Server - Icecrown Citadel or Ruby Sanctum
- Sunday, 20:00 - 23:00 Server - Icecrown Citadel or Ruby Sanctum
- Turande, Guildmaster
- Responsible for maintaining the guild website.
- Jägershots, Officer and Raidleader
- Responsible for making raid setups and raidleading.
- Dethklok, Officer
- Part of officer team to discuss tactics.
- Lydie, Holy Priest
- Loved for placing Fish Feasts during the raids in the most unusual and inconvenient places. Also famous for his Dragon Kite.
- Antshamben, Resto Shaman
- Had a very distinct type of echo on Ventrilo and was known as "God of Vent".
- Gothrik, Holy Paladin
- Known as a healing god. Proved invaluable during early Ulduar progression for immense healing throughput.
- Nyot, Mage
- Often got one-shotted early in the fight due to high burst damage, spending most of the fight dead on the floor. Known as the "Guild Carpet".