Odyssey was formed based upon the feeling of disappointment with most raiding guilds after the trend during the Burning Crusade Expansion for guilds to focus more on the raiding and loot aspect of raiding, and lost the sense of dedication and family that had been a very common factor in the game's original release. As such, their philosophy is a union of both raiding and family style guilds, making end-game progression under the maxim that World of Warcraft is, and always will be a game, and nothing more. Always open to new family members, Apply on Odysseysauce.guildlaunch.com, or contact an officer in game for more info.
Guild progress Edit
Old Content-Pre 3.0 Nerf
- Mount Hyjal - 2/5
- Tempest Keep - 2/4
- Serpentshrine Cavern - 4/6
- Karazhan, Zul'Aman, Gruul's Lair, Magtheridon's Lair Full cleared.
Founded by a scatter of people, primarily ex- "Of the Red Dragon Flight" Guildies from Pre-BC, formed, according to their website, on the basis of resurrecting the family functionality of a guild that has been cast aside too often in order to gain cheap progression and loot, while still maintaining the progression of a "serious" guild. The Guild Master is Miniekaj, and has been since it's formation.
The guild went on Hiatus between the months of November, 2007 and February, 2008, During which time Miniekaj put his alt as the Guild Leader, and joined "Resurrection" with former "Of the Red Dragon Flight" Guildie Samsungg.
Charter Signataures: Miniekaj (Guild Master), Lukien, Widgit, Merlynn, Klyss, Tylore, Coffee, Corqueaf, Jandrele, Nittie. (June 17th, 2007)
Weekly raid schedule Edit
- Sunday, 7:00 PM to 10:00 PM, Eastern
- Monday, 7:00 PM to 10:00 PM, Eastern
- Wednesday, 7:00 PM to 10:00 PM, Eastern
Guild rules Edit
Ranking System Edit
- Alt/New Member- Self Explanatory
- Chillin-Friends in the guild who don't plan on raiding.
- Casual Raider-a raider who hasn't yet proven themselves, or attends only a few raids a month and cannot be counted on for progression.
- Jr. Raider-A raider who has passable skill/gear, and average attendance (may have more in one category and less in another). Generally, a raider who fills in missing Core Raider spots, and is working to become a Core Raider themselves.
- Core Raider-A raider who has skill/gear to match our current raid status, and has high attendance. A driving force in our guilds progression.
- Alt Council- Self Explanatory.
- Jr. Council- A guild member who has shown skill in their class, and has made contributions to the guild beyond what is asked of them. Near flawless attendance is key. Jr. Council signifies the beginning of a two week trial period in which to become Council. Officer applications are made in the forums on the Guild Website.
- Council Meetings are held at the first and third Saturdays of every month to adjust the ranking system, begin (or end) a Jr. Council Trial Period, and to set the raiding schedule for the preceding two weeks.
Loot System Edit
Loot Council- Loot is determined by an officer decision, which is subject to Ranking, Gear Need, amount of gear received recently, and any other factor in which the Council deems significant. If there is more than one person at approximately the same level, the Council will roll 1-X (number of people) and assign each person to a number.
Raiding and Attendance Edit
At Invite Time- An officer will say, in guild, “@ for tonight's raid” and we will invite the members who will be raiding with us on that specific night. After those invites are sent, another officer will say “@ for standby list credit” in which he will invite those who were there and on time for the raid but did not get to come for one reason or another. At the end of the raid, the same officer will invite those who stayed on the entire time, waiting to fill in, and give them their end raid credit. For raiders, they will get credit at the beginning and end of every raid.
- Miniekaj, Guild Master
- Guild Leader. Terrible Mage.
- Lukien, Assistant GM
- Healer Class Leader, Real Life friend of Miniekaj.
- Jeffyg, Assistant GM
- Druid Class Leader.
- Bradrune, Officer
- Tanking Class Leader, Marking specialist.
- Kitana, Officer
- Priest CL, Record Keeper.
- Whisperial, Officer
- Guild Queen (Miniekaj's RL Girlfriend).