Brief History Edit
SIN or Strength In Numbers was founded early 2003 in Star Wars Galaxies Beta.
After Beta ended SIN moved into Shadowfire galaxy this is where our story begins.
SIN was the largest Imperial Guild on Shadowfire with about 500+ members and is the oldest guild still remaining on Shadowfire.
2004 SOE brought us Combat Upgrade and in 2005 they gave us NGE.
This caused SIN to search for new adventures.
So in 2006 SIN got into Vanguard Beta and at release 2007 SIN quickly became one of the leading guilds with many server first.
But Vanguard was often unplayable and unstable at release, so people quickly quit the game.
So when server merge happened in mid 2007, SIN decided not to stay in Vanguard.
On September 5, 2007 SIN was founded on Hellscream EU.
Unlike many other guilds SIN recruit the PERSON not the TOON.
SIN looks for good PEOPLE not only a toon that meets a specific set of in-game requiements.
On May 17, 2008 SIN tried new adventures in Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures.
SIN quickly became the biggest guild on Twilight Culture-PVP server with over 250+ members, and had a few of the first level 80 players and one of the server first that managed to complete tier 1 Player City.
But the lack of end game content and the lack of Culture-PVP fixes made Twilight a ghost server after a few months and the majority of the Sinners decided to return to World of Warcraft once again.
We are Legion. The time of our return is coming. Our numbers will darken the sky of every world. You cannot escape your doom.
Core Rules Edit
SIN only accepts members into its ranks that are of similar personalities, goals and values to its own. All of our members support and follow our core guild rules and anyone who cannot, is removed. Our core rules and values have served us well since early 2003 and continue to be the guiding principles behind moving the guild forward. Our core rules include, but are not limited to:
- 1. Guild First: We expect all members to ensure that all actions they take are done in the mindset of 'guild first'. Anything a member does, ingame or in the forums, reflects on the overall guild image and on all fellow members. We expect members to only take public actions that reflect positively on the guild image that we have worked very hard to build and maintain over the years.
- 2. We recruit the PERSON not the TOON. We look for good PEOPLE not only a toon that meets a specific set of in-game requiements.
- 3. It is not permitted to relay any internal Guild information outside the guild. Examples include, Raid Times, hunt locations, in game meetings. This rule is to protect the Guilds interests and to keep others from interfering.
- 4. Participate In Guild Events. Hunts, Raids, Events and other in game activities occur all the time. It is desired you take part in as many of them as possible. We understand people have lives and cannot live within the online world and that is ok. Actively working against the guild on any mission will result in immediate and permanent removal.
- 5. Leadership roles in SIN are decided based on demonstrated ability as well as the need for a leader in a particular spot. You can be assured that your leaders are working hard to make the game more fun for you. While the reason behind every decision may not always be apparent at the moment an order is issued, all orders from officers need to be immediately followed "within reason". If errors are made, they should be reported to the Council where they will be dealt with and, if needed, changes made. Absent those changes, all officers should be listened to as though it was the Council issuing the order. This helps for smooth flow of guild events, not to boss people around.
- 6. We are a TEAM of FRIENDS. Backing up your guildmates is expected because they will do the same for you. ALL members must understand that sometimes personal character sacrifice is needed for the team to complete a mission. We dont view it as personal sacrifice, however, because we are helping out a friend and that is more important than loot or pixels on a screen. Games come and go. The Guild and the friendships within, remain.
Standards Of Conduct Edit
These standards go hand in hand with our core guild rules but they bear repeating so all future members understand what we expect from members. Those standards of conduct include, but are not limited to:
- 1. Members may not use cheats or exploits.
- 2. Upholding of all guild values and rules is required of all members. There are no exceptions whether you are a member for 10 days or 10 years. All members must maintain the values of the guild.
- 3. Members need to behave in a mature, professional, team focused manner. Self focused, immature people are not fun to play with.
- 4. Make friends in the guild. At our core we are a Team of Friends. So make friends. Those friendships make us stronger.
- 5. Any issues with guild policies are to be brought directly to the Council , 1 on 1, via email. Publically bashing or complaining about them should be avoided.
- 6. Personal attacks on other members is not permitted. Handle issues with another player in a mature professional way. If there is needed moderating, seek help from one of your officers.
- 7. We will all comply with the Officer's orders in an efficient mannor reguardless of rank or status in the guild. Again these orders are for specific purpose events, not daily bossing people around. We are focused on fun, but organized events.