- Server: Server:Garona US
- Faction: Alliance
- Website: http://www.spectrumguild.com/
- Armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/guild-info.xml?r=Garona&n=Spectrum+Blade&p=1
Spectrum Blade and Spectrum Rage were forged from a collection of gay/lesbian/bisexual/transgender World of Warcraft players and their gay-friendly straight friends to create a guild-environment free of the discomfort and mindless gay-bashing that seems to run amok in WoW. We are still growing steadily, as more players discover our existence and want a GLBT-friendly family to play with in-game. The guilds are both 18+.
Unlike many WoW guilds, we currently have no complicated requirements for membership. No huge applications to fill out. No tests to answer. No race, class, level, or profession restrictions. Anyone, gay or straight, who has a legitimate desire for the tolerance, support, and friendship that our guilds offer, is welcome to seek membership. That does not, however, mean that we have no criteria for accepting new members.
There are specific qualities that our guild possesses in abundance: open minds, tolerance of alternate lifestyles and beliefs, honor, loyalty, maturity, and camaraderie. We ask that anyone who joins us possess these same qualities. Any members who create problems for the guild by demonstrating a lack of these characteristics will be warned, possibly demoted, or if the behavior is severe, will have their guild membership revoked.
We only have three steadfast requirements for membership.
- All members must be at least 18 years of age. This is a mature guild after all, and we would prefer not to be accused of corrupting any impressionable minors.
- All members must respect the differences of others, and especially be gay-friendly. Bigots in any form are not tolerated in the least and are not welcome in the guild. Any members who demonstrate prejudice towards a minority (race, spiritual path, sexual orientation, etc.) will likely be removed from membership post haste.
- All individuals seeking membership into Spectrum Blade must register on this website and also post in the membership request forum.
Spectrum Blade Guild Hierarchy and Promotion Criteria
- Guild Leader: Jheryssa
- Prince: Has the same powers as Guild Leader except for the ability to disband the Guild (whew!). Acts as the Interim Guild Leader if he/she should be unavailable for extended periods of time. The Prince Rank can only be given by the Guild Leader and only one (1) person may hold the title at any time. This person is chosen by the Guild Leader only, based on knowledge that this person will be best suited as a temporary replacement.
- Advisor: Officer. Full guild control rights to promote, demote, and remove members. Must have been an active guild member for at least six (6) months, and already hold the rank of Baron. Only members who have shown outstanding dedication and helpfulness in the guild may become Dukes. They are voted in by the existing officer core on a case by case basis and only when there is a vacant position. If a Duke position becomes available, an announcement will be made on the Forums where members may submit an application.
- Duke: This will be a rank for alts of current officers. The advisor rank will be given the same privileges as a Advisor.
- Baron: Highest ranking non-officer. To be a Baron, one must be at least level 30, and have been an active participant in the guild for at least three (3) months.
- Knight: Full member. To be a Knight, one must be at least level 10, and have been an active participant in the guild at least a month.
- Squire: Regular Member. Has gone through the probationary period. May be promoted to Knight if requirements are met.
- Peasant: Probationary rank for new guild members. Must stay in the rank 2 weeks (without incident) before promotion. Only has rights to use guild chat. Peasants are not allowed alts.
- Ambassador: This is reserved for the Chieftain of Spectrum Rage.
Additional Rules for Spectrum Blade
- Golden Rule: Have respect for everyone in Spectrum Blade and Spectrum Rage, including yourself! Save your poor Leader and Officers some gray hairs and play nice.
- Be respectful in all communications. Being disrespectful to anyone is unacceptable, and being disrespectful to an Officer is a very fast way to get yourself noticed. If you have a problem with an Officer, please let the Guild Leader or another Officer know via /tell. Joking and being catty with each other is understandable, even encouraged, as long as all parties understand that what is said is in fun. When it crosses the line into genuine insults, or starts offending others, it's time to stop or take things into a private channel.
- Please try to avoid confrontations, especially with other guild members. We understand that some arguments may happen, but please do your best to keep drama to a minimum. If you have a disgreement, please take it out of main chat channels and do your best to resolve things peacefully. Whispers are a very good way of saving embarrassment, not to mention saving an Officer from having to get involved. And if an Officer does get involved, please do your best to work with him/her in resolving the issue. They're just trying to keep the peace. Don't make their job harder than it has to be.
- Each guild member may have a maximum of four (4) characters in the guild. Your rank determines the number of alts that may be invited into the guild; Any exceptions must be cleared by the Officers on a case-by-case basis.
- Squire: 1 Alt
- Knight: 2 Alts
- Baron: 3 Alts
- Help in this guild is freely given. We do not sell equipment, bags, mats, or services to each other. If you must sell an item, do it on the Auction House or in the Trade channels. The only exception to this rule is if there is a cost in aquiring the items for those who need help, such as buying mats for enchantments. Then it's reasonable to ask that they help with the cost.
- There will be no reselling of items or services that have been given to a member by the bank or another member, unless you have made arrangements with the person providing the item or services! At no time will someone sell something on the Auction House that they have received from the bank or another member. If you decided not to use it then send it back!
- Guild notes for each character should contain information such as "Main" if it's a main character, "Alt of: " if it's an alt, and the character's main trade skills.
- Any member's Main Toon shown to be inactive for a period of three months or greater will be removed from the guild; Alts that are inactive for one month or more will be removed from the guild. If you know you're going to be inactive for that long but wish to remain in the guild, you must let an Officer know ahead of time.
- No spamming for items or help in guild chat. Asking a few times is fine.
- Do not ask the higher level members to help Power Level you. Those who are available may agree to assist you in a tough spot, but they're not there to give you a free ride. Half the fun of the game is the challenge! Use the forums to post your requests for Instancing.
- Be active in the forums. This is where the true directions of the guild are decided. Speak your mind. Please make it a point to check them at least every 2 weeks.
- Promotion requests will only be considered if sent in a PM to Jheryssa via the forums, except from Peasant to Squire, which will be automatic after 2 weeks.
- Spectrum Blade/Spectrum Rage Guild Page - Come check out our Guild Page and if you decide to join us, follow the instructions in the Forums for joining the site, then do a /who Spectrum on whichever faction to get a guild invite.