Wolves of War is an adult progression guild (for players age 21 and older) focused on 25-player content. The core members have been together for several years, and the guild emphasizes a fun, no-nonsense, no-drama environment for its raids.
Since adults tend to have commitments outside of the game (such as full-time work, parenting, or attending college), the guild limits its formal 25-player raids to a strict 9-hour-a-week schedule of three raid nights, each consisting of a three-hour stretch. As a progression guild, however, Wolves of War accomplishes in 9 hours what many guilds do in 15 or 20. For this reason, guild recruitment focuses on players who are mature and fun, but can also work their class like a pro with real focus and preparation. Despite those fewer hours, the guild is usually one of the top Horde-side guilds on the server. Wolves of War is all about community, focus and performance within a small time window. It is not a casual raiding guild.
The guild's goal is to conquer all end-game raiding content while leaving time in the week for other personal or in-game activities. Some players only raid, while others also PvP and run in-guild 10-mans. Off nights usually see 10-15 people on doing miscellaneous things, but they are not as lively as raid nights.
- Icecrown Citadel - all content cleared on 10- and 25-player normal (including Lich King); progressing through heroic and working on Heroic Lich King.
- Trial of the Grand Crusader - all 10- and 25-player normal content cleared; all 10-player heroic content cleared, including A Tribute to Insanity (10 player) in January 2010. 25-player heroic content cleared including A Tribute to Mad Skill (25 player).
- Ulduar - all content cleared on 10-player, including Algalon. All 25-player normal content cleared including Yogg-Saron, with several bosses down on hard mode.
Weekly raid schedule
- Sunday, 9:30-12:30 Server CST
- Monday, 9:30-12:30 Server CST
- Wednesday, 9:30-12:30 Server CST
- You must be geared to contribute. This now means mostly ICC25 gear putting you at or near the top of your class.
- You must know your class inside and out and be willing to learn a new role as raids dictate. If you haven't read an EJ thread on your class, we are not for you.
- Must have a good attitude and carry yourself with some semblance of maturity. Sense of humor a plus. Maybe you also like long walks on the beach. We like pina coladas, and getting caught in the rain. That's OK too.
- Due to a 3-day raid schedule, high attendance is a must. All of our raiders commit to 80% (1 miss every 2 weeks) attendance.
- Must be able to provide your own consumables or have the ability to buy them reliably at the clip of 3 raids per week, this includes flasks/elixirs, buff food, pots, bandages, etc as well as be able to provide yourself with enchants/gems/etc (we have all professions covered in the guild so this shouldn't be a problem). If you don't know what cold weather flying training is, we may have a problem.
- You should definitely have a team player focus to be in Wolves. We have little patience for loot bickering, whining, drama, excuses, etc. Preparedness is also a major factor, being 10 minutes early with all required addons and repaired to each raid is expected.
- We use the EP/GP system to calculate loot priorities.
The following are in charge of the guild matters:
- Kanab, Guildmaster
- Guild leader.
- Suntan, Recruitment Officer
- Contact him for recruitment information
- Jadu, Trial Officer
- Handles the trial period of new recruits
- Bestin, Loot Officer
- Handles EP/GP system and loot.
Those interested in applying should go to the guild's Web site to first determine recruitment needs, then, if appropriate, contact Suntan.
Wolves of War actively documents milestone boss encounters on video, and posts these videos to YouTube. To view all the available videos at YouTube, search for "TheWolvesofWar". These videos include in-game audio as well as player communication, giving viewers a general sense of how Wolves raids are conducted. Most of these videos have been captured by Jadu, the trial officer.