- Bloodscalp trolls, in the northwest of Stranglethorn Vale, have headhunters as one of many classes of warriors. They live in Zul'Kunda, a set of ruins north and west of Nesingwary's Expedition.
- Skullsplitter trolls live near the middle of Stranglethorn Vale, in the Zul'Mamwe ruins, east of the Gurubashi Arena. They also use headhunters as a class for their warriors.
- Witherbark trolls, who live primarily in the southern areas of The Hinterlands, fight against the Revantusk trolls as well as the dwarves of Aerie Peak. Headhunters are one of the classes their warriors are given.
- Vilebranch trolls live primarily in the eastern section of The Hinterlands. Like the Witherbark, they battle against the Revantusk trolls, mainly because the Vilebranch wish to use the smaller tribes of the Revantusk as sacrifices to Hakkar the Soulflayer. They are almost exclusively found in Jintha'Alor and the Temple of Zul.
- Witherbark trolls are also found in the Witherbark Village, east of Go'Shek Farm and south of Hammerfall in the Arathi Highlands. This band of Witherbaark trolls are reluctantly allied with the Boulderfist ogres because of their shared enmity for the Horde settlers in Hammerfall.
- The Shadowpine trolls of Zeb'Nowa (directly west of Zul'Aman) and Zeb'Tela (directly South of Dawnstar Spire), in Ghostlands, also use headhunters as part of their defenses.
- The Smolderthorn trolls, members of the Dark Horde, live in Blackrock Spire, defending Rend Blackhand and the ideals of the Dark Horde. They count headhunters among their battle ranks as well.
- The word 'headhunter' is typically used to denote a person or tribe of persons who kill hostile (and sometimes benign) intruders, and take trophies - typically, the head of the slaughtered intruder. Given the known traits of the troll tribes listed above (such as cannibalism), the class 'headhunter' seems grimly appropriate.