Local issues are problems that are happening on your specific wiki but not on other wikis or across all of Wikia. Local issues could include:
- Problems with other users
- Content you find incorrect or inappropriate
- Software bugs
- New features
What do I do?
If you run into an issue on Wikia, the best idea is to go through the following steps:
- Check if the issue is happening just on your wiki or in other places as well
- Check out the help pages and the staff blog (for announcements on new features or current issues occurring sitewide)
- Talk to other users directly (talk pages, message walls, forums or blogs are a great place to do this)
- Speak with your local admins (they are the most informed of local issues)
- Post to the Wikia community forum (where community members work together to answer questions and solve problems collectively)
- Contact Wikia staff
Should I contact Wikia about this?
When it comes to local issues, staff involvement should only be as a last resort. Local administrators and community members are going to be the most knowledgable about the culture and users of their wiki, as well as the specific issue on the wiki. To that end, local communities are best equipped to resolve local disputes.
If you do need to contact Wikia, please include as much information about the issue as possible. For example, if there is a problem with other users, please explain the dispute between the users and what the local community and admins have already tried to do about it. Reports about inappropriate content should have the URL of said content included. Features that cannot be enabled or disabled through Wiki Features can also be requested.
In the case of reports about bugs on the wiki that are not the result of local changes, please send them to Special:Contact/bug. Also remember to include as much information as possible. Screenshots and information about what browser and the version of the browser you are using are all incredibly helpful.
- Learn how to contact Wikia Community Support