|Cooldown||30 sec (GCD 1.5 sec)|
|Requirements||Requires Melee Weapon|
Heroic Throw is a core warrior ability learned at level 22. It allows warriors to fling their weapon like a boomerang, dealing damage then returning the weapon to their hand. The most obvious usage of this ability is to make a ranged pull, as opposed to the up-close and personal Charge.
- When tanking, this ability can prove useful for making ranged pulls as opposed to using a proper ranged weapon. The additional threat from this attack is also a great boon for holding aggro on a single mob. This attack does more damage than a normal ranged weapon, and it generally quicker to use.
- The attack's animation shows your weapon flying through the air, spinning end over end, regardless of the aerodynamic properties of the weapon (or lack thereof).
- Patch 4.1.0 (26-Apr-2011): Heroic Throw is now available from trainers at level 20.
- Patch 3.1.0 (14-Apr-2009): Heroic Throw missile speed increased.
- Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20): Heroic Throw no longer triggers the snare from Mage Frost Armor.
- Patch 3.0.3 (04-Nov-2008): No longer gains increased damage from the warrior’s agility.