|Cooldown||(GCD 1.5 sec)|
Hibernate is a Druid crowd control spell learned at level 66. It is usable on beasts and dragonkin. As with most crowd control effects, any damage done to the target will end the spell. Unlike Polymorph, it does not heal the target.
- Hibernate is only usable on beasts and dragonkin. This includes hunter pets and shamans and druids in shapeshift forms.
- reduces the casting time of this spell.
- The listed duration is the maximum, and Hibernate has a chance to break early, especially on higher level targets.
Tips and tactics
- In a PvE setting, Hibernate gives druids a tremendous advantage as it allows you to take on beasts much more powerful than yourself. A good druid can kill an elite beast mob of his or her own level and even one or two levels higher by alternating Hibernate and .
- Used in combination with , and, where permitted, , Hibernate makes the druid an impressive farming class, allowing you to get to herbs and mining nodes without having to fight for them.
- Hibernate can be used to help crowd control in instances where beasts or dragonkin are present.
- Like most crowd control, Hibernate doubles in function as a spammable counterspell: Even though the target will not remain asleep while players are beating on it, any of its abilities in progress (with a cast time) will be interrupted.
- In PvP, it is good to use against a hunter's pet, a druid in shapeshift forms, and a shaman in Ghost Wolf form. However, due to its cast time, a good player can often shift out of form before the spell is done casting to prevent it from being used on them.
- Patch 1.2.0 (18-Dec-2004): Players now have an increasing chance to break free of the effect, such that it is unlikely the effect will last more than 15 seconds.