Hook of the Master Angler turns you into a fish! How cool is THAT!?
- The type of fish you turn into is a frenzy, the Warcraft version of a piranha.
- Has a 30 second cooldown after equipping before it can be used. After this, it has no cooldown.
- Consumes no mana to transform, since the item does the transformation and works for all classes.
- (unlike druid seal form, which can be temporarily unavailable to a druid who is too low on mana.)
- When you shift into fish form, you regain your breath as if you were above water. It'll typically take a few seconds to regain your breath.
- Speed increase is approximately 35%. (You won't be able to keep up with a druid in aquatic form normally.)
- Travel speed is 90%, which is not as fast as a druids aquatic form as stated above. However a druid must drop aquatic form to drink a Swim Speed Potion, wherein you can use the such a potion without breaking the "Fish Form". Travel speed with a is noticeably faster than a druid in aquatic form. Travel speed with a Swim Speed Potion is 156%. However, if the druid is using the , he will still be faster.
- If you are a Rogue it should be noted that you can stealth underwater first, then use the trinket which does not break your stealth (useful for going afk underwater).
- Like the druid's Aquatic Form, if you are transformed into a fish and jump out of the water at the surface, even if you immediately dive back into the water, your buff will automatically dispel itself.
- Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20): The former 5-second cooldown was removed and the increase in swim speed was increased from 25% to 35%.
- Patch 1.7.0 (2005-09-22): Added.