|Talent tree||Frost, Tier 7|
|Chill of the Grave, Glyph of Howling Blast, Icy Reach, Merciless Combat, Rime|
Howling Blast is a Death knight ability that allows the death knight to blast several targets around them for frost damage. While the tooltip damage may seem low, it benefits from your Attack Power.
- Patch 4.1.0 (26-Apr-2011): Damage has been increased by 20%. To compensate, the area-of-effect splash now does 50% of the single-target damage, down from 60%. The net result of this change leaves the area-of-effect damage roughly the same as 4.0.6 numbers. In addition, Howling Blast now has a facing requirement.
- / Patch 4.0.1 (12-Oct-2010): Cost reduced to one frost rune, down from one frost and one unholy.
- Patch 3.1.0 (14-Apr-2009): Base damage and scaling doubled.This ability no longer deals bonus damage to targets with Frost Fever. 8-second cooldown. Swapped positions with Hungering Cold in the talent tree.
- Patch 3.0.8a (2009-01-27): The 5 second cooldown will now display correctly.
- Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20): 5 second Cooldown.