| This article or section is a mob stub. You can help expand it by editing it.
|Health|| ?? (10-player)|
?? (10-player Heroic)
18,128,500 (25-player Heroic)
- ω ϖ 8 yd range—Delivers a ferocious headbutt to an enemy, inflicting 69,375 to 80,625 Physical damage and stunning for 3 seconds. Instant
- ω ϖ 100 yd range—An icy breath that freezes targets in a cone in front of the caster, inflicting 20,000 Frost damage over 5 seconds. Channeled
- ω ϖ—Leaps into the air and crashes down with massive force, dealing 11,000 Physical damage to all enemies, knocking them back and stunning them for 5 seconds. 1 second cast
- ω ϖ 15 yd range—Whirls around, dealing 9,250 to 10,750 Physical damage to all nearby enemies and knocking them back. Instant
- ω ϖ—Increases Physical damage and attack speed by 50%. Happens only after Icehowl successfully hits someone with Ferocious Butt. Instant
Tank should make Icehowl face the wall, so that he doesn't get knocked back by Whirl. Ranged classes and healers should spread out, so that they avoid being hit by Arctic Breath. Melee DPS should place themselves at maximum melee range or between Icehowl and the wall so that they avoid the knock back effect of Whirl. The Tank should keep his back against the wall, and is able to avoid most of the knockback by standing in the "Corner" formed by a wall pillar in the wall. Whirl will be almost immediately followed by arctic breath, so this positioning is key for melee classes to be effective in this fight.
After a while, Icehowl will go to the middle and use Massive Crash, throwing everyone to the wall, then Icehowl will emote, glaring at a random enemy, and run to the opposite side of him, preparing to use Ferocious Butt. The whole raid gains a 50% movement buff(Surge of Adrenaline)(In normal mode only), and everyone near the spot of Icehowl's target should move away. If Massive Crash doesn't hit anyone, then Icehowl crashes on Coliseum's wall, and gets a debuff that stuns him for 15 secs, increasing damage taken by 100%. If it does hit someone, a hunter should use tranquilizing Shot immediately to remove the rage effect.
After stun, tank should pick him up and repeat.
- Highlord Tirion Fordring yells: The air itself freezes with the introduction of our next combatant, Icehowl! Kill or be killed champions!
For loot, see Beasts of Northrend.
10-player encounterEditNorthrend Beasts TotC 10 Man(09:21)
25-player encounterEditBeasts of Northrend Phase 3 (HD)(05:16)
- Hotfix (2009-09-09): "Icehowl is now be tauntable on both 10- and 25-player heroic difficulties."
- Hotfix (2009-09-09): "We just hotfixed the following changes to the Trial of the Grand Crusader (aka Heroic mode).
- Increased the amount of time players have to defeat the encounter before Icehowl berserks.
- You have an extra half second to get out of the way of a very angry charging Yeti. Players with high ping rejoice.
- Icehowl will become tauntable. (This particular element isn't hotfixed quite yet, but should be shortly).
- Icehowl takes a bit longer to enter the arena in 10- and 25-player Heroic modes.
- Icehowl takes longer to berserk in both 10- and 25-player Heroic modes.