- Did you want information about the Icy Veins website?
Icy Veins is a mage ability learned at level 36 for those who have chosen the Frost specialization. It increases the casting speed of all spells by 20% and increases the chance to avoid interruption caused by damage while casting any spell by 100% while active.
Modified by Edit
- Glyph of Icy Veins
- Item Level
- Major Glyph
- Classes: Mage (Frost)
- Requires Level 25
- Use: Permanently teaches you this glyph.
Your Icy Veins causes your Frostbolt, Frostfire Bolt, Ice Lance, and your Water Elemental's Waterbolt spells to split into 3 smaller bolts that each do 160% damage, instead of increasing spell casting speed.
- Sell Price: 1
Under the effects of Icy Veins, spells that normally take 3 seconds to cast will then take 2.5 seconds. Spells that were 2.5 seconds will then cast in 2.08 seconds. Spells that cast in 1.5 seconds will then cast in 1.25 seconds.
Like all haste effects, Icy Veins will speed up all channeled spells, such as and . Note that spells will cast at the faster cast time even if the Icy Veins buff expires while mid-cast or mid-channel, meaning that the buff is effectively longer than the 20 second buff duration.
Like most temporary self buffs, Icy Veins can be used off the global cooldown, and does not trigger it.
Past changes Edit
- Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20): The spell pushback reduction from this talent now works on Frostfire Bolt.
- Patch 2.4.0 (25-Mar-2008): Icy Veins no longer increases the chance your chilling effects will Freeze the target, but now increases the chance to avoid interruption caused by damage while casting any spell by 100% while active.
- Patch 2.3.2 (2008-01-08): Added.