|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft after the Mists of Pandaria cleared.
|Improved Intercept, Warbringer, Heroic Fury, Focused Rage|
|Requirements||Requires Berserker Stance|
- Just when you thought you'd gotten away…[TCG src]
Intercept has only one rank, damage is based on attack power.
Warrior ability available only in Berserker Stance. It uses a Charge-like animation, but it stuns the target for three seconds, and it costs Rage instead of generating it. Intercept, like Charge and ranged weapons has a minimum range as well as a maximum. Intercept will auto-target the enemy so you don't have to even be facing them. This is most useful for when a mage blinks or when your opponent attempts to run away or otherwise get out of melee range. Keep in mind that, unlike Charge, Intercept can be used in combat.
A warrior cannot do much damage unless they are in melee range. Most other classes want to stay out of a warrior's reach. Because of this, Intercept is perhaps the most important warrior ability. As it is only usable once every 30 seconds, the talent Improved Intercept is extremely useful to reduce the cooldown to 20 seconds. This makes it possible to Intercept nearly every time a mage blinks (once per 15 seconds). Also, set bonuses for 4 pieces of level 70 PvP gear additionally reduce the Intercept cooldown by 5 seconds.
Intercept is also one of the few ways a warrior has to interrupt spell casters. Shield Bash and Pummel are the others, along with some possibilities created by talents. With these three abilities, you can effectively keep a caster from casting any long duration spell. Some casting mobs root you to the ground before stepping back and starting their cast: they'll usually go far enough to be out of melee range, but not enough to intercept them; therefore you may have to step back as soon as the root effect ends to get out of the minimum range and use intercept.
Intercept is also a Felguard ability which costs mana instead of rage.
Like Charge, it cannot be used while jumping, but it can still be used while being knocked back into the air. This can be usefull to avoid fall damage and quickly return to your target.
- Improved Intercept reduces the cooldown by 5/10 seconds.
- Heroic Fury resets the cooldown of Intercept.
- Warbringer makes Intercept usable in any stance.
- Focused Rage reduces the Rage cost to 7.
- Patch 1.2.2 (15-Feb-2005): The tooltip for the Warrior's Intercept ability has been updated to reflect the proper rage cost.
- Patch 1.8.0 (10-Oct-2005): Warriors can immediately Intercept after using trinkets to remove immobilizing effects.
- Patch 1.2.0 (18-Dec-2004): Cost reduced from 15 rage to 10 rage, damage reduced accordingly.