In World of Warcraft, invite can mean a few things:
- The primary command to add a member to a party (or group) used by the party leader. The target of the invite is given a choice to accept or decline.
- Ask a player to join a guild. See Guild Invite below for more details.
Ways to invite:
- Select a Player character, right-click their portrait and select Invite.
- In the chat entry field, type: /invite <player_name>
- In the Friends List window, select a Player character's name and click the Group Invite button on the lower right.
The first invite effectively creates the party.
Inviting a player to a guild requires a guild rank with permission from the Guild Master to recruit new members.
If you have the ability to invite new members there are 2 basic ways to do it:
- Click Add Member button (bottom-right of the window).
- Enter player name to invite to guild and click Invite.