|Cooldown||8 sec (GCD 1.5 sec)|
May the winds carry their charred remains to a more peaceful place.
- Kinivus the Focused TCG
Lava Burst is a shaman ability learned at level 34 for those with the elemental and restoration specializations. It deals fire damage, but will also crit if [Flame Shock] is on the target.
- If Flame Shock is applied for the first time while Lava burst is traveling to the enemy (in other words, after Lava Burst has been cast), the 100% critical strike chance will not apply.
- The Flame Shock DoT only has to be active upon completion of casting Lava Burst. If the DoT wears off while the Lava Burst projectile is traveling, it will still crit.
- Rotations should be timed around utilizing Lava Burst as much as possible.
- PvP - Lava burst and [Chain Lightning], which has no traveling time, if cast in succession will generally hit at the same time for spike damage.
- Patch 5.2.0 (5-Mar-2013): Lava Burst base damage has been reduced by 33% but now always deals a critical strike. When cast on targets affected by Flame Shock, it now deals 50% more damage.
- Patch 4.0.6 (8-Feb-2011): Lava Burst’s damage has been increased by roughly 10%.
- Patch 3.2.2 (2009-09-22): This ability no longer ever consumes a Flame Shock debuff off of the target.
- Patch 3.0.3 (04-Nov-2008): The base damage has been increased by approx. 10%.