|Lay on Hands|
- Take all my strength into you and be whole once more!
Lay on Hands is a core paladin ability learned at level 16. It is a Holy-based spell that instantly fills your target with life. Considered an "emergency" ability, in that due to its long cooldown it should only be used when it's really needed. Lay on Hands causes Forbearance. As it allows a paladin to "live twice" by using it, the spell is somewhat famous.
- Tankadins can consider this as a long cooldown "oh s**t button". Turn on the auto-self cast option or create a macro. When your health is dangerously low, use it immediately to heal yourself back to full health.
- This ability is completely independent of the amount of Healing the caster has. It always heals the target for the amount of health the caster has.
- This ability can crit.
- Often annoys other players in pvp and dueling, for the reason that it cannot be used in an arena match and is viewed as unfair much like the Death Knight's Army of the Dead ability.
- Patch 4.0.6 (8-Feb-2011): Lay on Hands now causes Forbearance on the target. It used to only cause it when cast on the paladin. This was an old design from when Divine Protection caused Forbearance and the paladin didn’t want to prevent a tank from using their defensive cooldown.; Lay on Hands cannot be a critical effect and will not be affected by most abilities which modify healing (such as Beacon of Light). In addition, Lay on Hands is no longer on the global cooldown.
- Patch 3.3.3 (2010-03-23): Tooltip clarified to better explain this ability’s interactions with Divine Shield, Divine Protection, and Hand of Protection.
- Patch 3.3.0 (08-Dec-2009): This ability will place Forbearance on the paladin if used on his or herself. It will not place Forbearance on others.
- Patch 3.2.0 (04-Aug-2009): The buff from this ability now reduces the physical damage taken by the target by 10/20% instead of increasing the target’s armor.
- / Patch 3.0.2 (14-Oct-2008): Does not drain all of the player's mana anymore. Cooldown reduced to 20 minutes.