|This article or section is a Mists of Pandaria stub. You can help expand it by editing it.|
|Not yet released!
|Location||Valley of the Four Winds|
|Relative(s)||Chen Stormstout (uncle)|
Li Li is the niece of . She is accompanying him on his travels as he explores Pandaria, though she can be a little impatient at his meandering approach. She is first encountered just down the hill from Pang's Stead in the Valley of the Four Winds after having made her way through the Jade Forest with her uncle.
As players progress through the zone, she appears at various other locations with her uncle.
BiographyThis section concerns content exclusive to the Warcraft novels or short stories.
Li Li Stormstout was born on the Wandering Isle (Shen-zin Su) and is the second child of Po Stormstout and Xili Li. Li Li is the niece of Chen Stormstout the famous traveller. When Li Li was a baby her mother drowned in a boating accident, other than this Li Li had an uneventful childhood. Li Li is known to have spent much of her free time in the library in Mandori Village reading the travel journals of her uncle, with this she often dreamed of going on adventures of her own, quickly she became restless and bored of the Wandering Isle (also feeling that the citizens had lost touch with the true reason for the Wandering Isle). Li Li is known to have been a good student under the teachings of Bo (despite failing some of her academic subjects). She only has one sibling which is her other brother Shisai, they both have a healthy sibling relationship. It is unknown her relationship with other children on the Isle. Her father Po Stormstout (an elder) often disapproved of Li Li reading Chen’s journals as he felt the influence was negative on her (also he had personal issues with Chen he kept to himself).
On the night before the Isles annual ‘spirit festival’, Po caught Li Li reading Chens books instead of sleeping, on the next night when the Isles children were performing it was found that Li Li had been asleep on stage in front of the all the Isles residents (from the lack of sleep caused by reading Chens journal). Po told Li Li that he had ‘never been so embarrassed’ in his life, a dispute between Li Li and her father entailed about the importance and meaning of the celebration. Po blamed Chen’s influence and claimed that Chen was most likely dead. After Li Li confronted her father about his relationship with his brother, Po prohibited Li Li to enter the library and read any of Chen’s works again, Li Li stormed off livered.
That night Li Li decided she had enough of waiting on the Isle and decided that she would leave the Isle behind in order to find land and start an adventure of her own, ultimately trying to find Chen.
Po worried sent Bo (Li Li’s teacher and family friend) to retrieve her. Bo quickly found Li Li, however every time she was able to give him the slip, giving up Bo decided to stay with Li Li thinking that she would ‘see the world for what it really is’ and ‘beg’ him to take her home. Li Li and Bo travelled across both Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor, all the while getting more ‘clues’ on where Chen could be and finding out about the influence he has had on the land. While travelling a mysterious group follows and even attacks them.
After an argument between Bo and Li Li regarding Chen, Li Li gets kidnapped and interrogated regarding an artefact called the ‘Pearl of Pandaria’, Li Li ignorant to this is held until Bo attempts to save her. Bo fights an Orc who seeks revenge on Chen, Li Li is able to outwit and kill her captures and swims over to help Bo (it is known than Li Li is a good swimmer). However the Orc manages to get a good blow on Bo.
At the last minute Chen arrives and kills the Orc, however was too late as Bo dies from his injuries. Bo reassures that Li Li was not at fault (despite a burden she still today carries around with her).
Chen and Li Li return to the Wandering Isle where Chen tries to settle down, however conflict rises between Po and Li Li as Po is still angry at Li Li for running away and holds her responsible for the death of Bo. Po also has an argument with Chen about his family loyalty and his influence on Li Li. Meanwhile the Pearl of Pandaria shows up, Li Li touches it and it grants her a vision of her fabled homeland (Pandaria).
Li Li knowing this is her quest and in general not suiting life on the Isle decides to leave with the Pearl in search of Pandaria. Chen (after finding out that Isle life is not for him), joins Li Li as they searched for Pandaria.
On their journey it is revealed that Deathwing has destroyed much of the land, changing the attitudes of the people they encounter. Li Li and Chen get into a pirate battle, failed to stop an execution and watched said execution in Ramkahen. Li Li and Chen got separated for a short time when Li Li fell over the side of a boat in a storm (Chen under the impression Li Li had drowned), but soon reunited as a battle happens at sea between the Horde and the Alliance.
Li Li and Chen at the present moment are still currently exploring Pandaria.
Conversations with Chen
- Outside Pang's Stead
- Li Li says: It feels like we were in that forest forever. Let's go! We've got to explore the valley!
- Chen Stormstout says: Don't be too hasty, Li Li. This is how I traveled Kalimdor: one stop at a time.
- Li Li says: No wonder it took you so long, then. You can't explore anything sitting on your butt.
- Li Li says: Come ON, Uncle Chen! What are we waiting for?
- Chen Stormstout says: Relax, Li Li. We have all the time in the world to explore Pandaria. Take some time to enjoy the trip.
- Li Li says: I would ENJOY the trip more if we were actually GOING somewhere!
- Pang's Stead
- Li Li says: Chen, I think I know why you like it here so much.
- Chen Stormstout says: Why is that, Li Li?
- Li Li says: Because those two guys make you feel skinny.
- Chen Stormstout says: Why would I want to feel skinny? Size is strength.
- Chen Stormstout says: Look at over there. He understands the value of a big belly.
- Xiao says: Indeed.
- Li Li says: Can we go yet? Are you done with your beer?
- Chen Stormstout says: Almost.
- Li Li says: How about now?
- Chen Stormstout says: Almost.
- Thunderfoot Ranch
- Li Li says: Here we are, FINALLY setting foot in our ancestral home, for the first time in our lives, and you want to stop and rest by a PIG FARM?
- Chen Stormstout says: Be patient, Li Li. If we explore Pandaria too quickly, we will quickly run out of Pandaria to explore.
- Li Li says: That... barely even makes sense! You're just saying that because you're lazy and old!
- Shang's Stead
- Li Li says: Let's get going! There's a whole big valley waiting for us, but you're too focused on the bottom of that mug to see it.
- Chen Stormstout says: Yes, Li Li, but the bottom of this mug is very interesting to me.
- Li Li says: I'll leave without you. Don't think I'm bluffing. I don't need some smelly old uncle to hold my hand.
- Chen Stormstout says: Why are you so impatient? Are you worried that the mists are going to come back before I finish my drink?
- Li Li says: Well, NOW I am!
- β Patch 5.0.1 (Beta): Added