|Cooldown||(GCD 1.5 sec)|
Lifebloom is a druid heal over time (HoT) spell learned at level 36 for druids who have chosen the Restoration specialization. Unlike other HoTs, it will stack with itself up to three times. Each time the spell is cast on itself, the duration of the entire stack is refreshed. If Lifebloom completes its duration or is dispelled, it will bloom and immediately heal the target.
Modified by Edit
- Glyph of Blooming
- Item Level
- Major Glyph
- Classes: Druid (Restoration)
- Requires Level 25
- Use: Permanently teaches you this glyph.
Increases the bloom heal of your Lifebloom when it expires by 50%, but its duration is reduced by 5 sec and your Healing Touch, Nourish, and Regrowth abilities no longer refresh the duration.
- Sell Price: 1
- Each time that Lifebloom is cast on a target, the Lifebloom stack is incremented by 1 up to a maximum stack of 3. The entire stack shares a single expiration timer, which is refreshed to max duration every time Lifebloom is recast on the target. Therefore, a single casting of Lifebloom is sufficient to maintain an entire 3-stack.
- Each Lifebloom in a stack will bloom if the stack blooms, so if a 3-stack expires the direct heal will be three times that of a single Lifebloom.
- The heal over time portion for this spell ticks every second, unlike most other HoTs which only tick every three seconds.
- The bloom heal can crit. Critical effects from the bloom will not proc Living Seed or Nature's Grace.
- Unless in form, Lifebloom can only be active on one target at a time. If you cast Lifebloom on a second target, all stacks of Lifebloom will be removed from the first. Your first Lifebloom will not bloom heal.
Tips and Tactics Edit
- When tank healing, apply Lifebloom one stack at a time. When the spell is about to end, let it bloom if the tank needs the extra healing, otherwise refresh it before the final tick and repeat the process.
- Stacking and maintaining 3 Lifeblooms on a target provides a reasonable amount of healing every second, though it is not very mana efficient.
- In PvP: players that can dispel Magic-type buffs will have to decide whether to leave the Lifebloom buff on (they continue to receive healing, then they'll get a chunk of health back), or to dispel it (in which case the target will get the final healing effect right away and can recast Lifebloom). One of the best mind games a Druid can play in PvP.
- You should NOT try to get a head start on a pull by casting Lifebloom on your Tank before he pulls. As heals cause threat, the tics will likely cause enemies to see your heals before the Tank builds threat of his own and cause them to attack YOU.
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 5.0.4 (28 August 2012): Updated.
- Patch 4.1.0 (26-Apr-2011): Lifebloom's bloom effect has been reduced by 20%.
- Patch 3.3.3 (2010-03-23): The final bloom heal from this spell can no longer trigger talents, trinkets, and set bonuses for the player being healed.
- Patch 3.2.0 (04-Aug-2009): The final heal that occurs when this spell blooms has been reduced by 20% on the base and on the spell power coefficient.
- Hotfix (2009-04-16): "Lifebloom can no longer be forced to bloom early."
- Patch 3.1.0 (14-Apr-2009): Mana cost of all ranks doubled. When Lifebloom blooms or is dispelled, it now refunds half the base mana cost of the spell per application of Lifebloom, and the heal effect is multiplied by the number of applications. Corrected some bugs with the new blooming functionality and dispels.
- Patch 2.4.0 (25-Mar-2008): The spell coefficient on the bloom is reduced by 20% (from approx 42% to approx 34%). The talent Empowered Rejuvenation now applies to the bloom. This spell will no longer cause error messages when interacting with Spellsteal or while the Druid is under the effects of Mind Control.
- Patch 2.3.2 (2008-01-08): The healing bonus is no longer based on the first cast but will take on the strength of the incoming Lifebloom casts.
- Patch 2.1.0 (22-May-2007): Each additional application of this spell will now include the full bonus from effects which increase healing. The final heal, however, is still unaffected by stacking multiple applications of this spell.
- Patch 2.0.3 (09-Jan-2007): "Lifebloom" will now correctly consume clearcasting.