The term localization usually refers to the process of translating the text in the UI to the "local" language of a target user audience that is different from the language of the primary version or first release.
The first release of World of Warcraft used the English language for a North American (US) user audience.
Languages that World of Warcraft has been localized to:
- English (USA)
- [http://us.battle.net/wow/pt-br/ Português (Brazilian)
- Español (Mexican Spanish)
- [http://sea.battle.net/wow/en-us/ English (Oceanic)
- English (EU)
- Français (French)
- Deutsch (German)
- Italiano (Italian)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Español (Spanish)
- Русский (Russian)
- Simplified Chinese (Mainland China)
- Traditional Chinese (Taiwan)