The main hand is the primary weapon hand slot for weapons that only need one hand to wield (equip), but also used for weapons that require two hands.
- Information about the weapon should tell you if it can be used on the main hand.
- The other hand is known as the off-hand.
- For those with dual wield capability, weapons identified as main hand can not be used in the off-hand slot.
- Two-handed weapons use both main hand and off-hand slots, but the off-hand slot will appear empty.
- When creating weapons (Blacksmiths), main hand weapons will appear under the appropriate one-hand subclass.
- Patch 2.4.2 changed many main hand weapons into one-handed weapons