|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft after the Mists of Pandaria cleared.
|Mana Spring Totem|
|Restorative Totems, Totemic Focus, Mental Quickness|
|Rank||Level||Mana per Tick||Equivalent Mp5||Cost|
Mana Spring Totem is a Water totem, and thus cannot be used at the same time as another water totem. Like all shaman totems it only has 5 hit points and is easily targeted and destroyed. The effect does not stack with a paladin's Blessing of Wisdom.
Mana Spring Totem will restore the mana used to cast it within a few seconds. The longer you stay in range of the totem or the longer a fight lasts, the more valuable it becomes. Since the mana restored is per target, having more mana users in the group makes the totem increasingly more valuable.
While the amount of mana restored per tick may seem small, it quickly adds up in a group of mana users, making this a very powerful totem in long fights and raid encounters.
- Restorative Totems increases the amount of mana restored by the totem by 25%.
- Totemic Focus reduces the casting cost of the totem by 25%. Mental Quickness reduces the casting cost by 6%.
Tips and tactics
- Patch 3.1.2 (2009-05-19): Greater Blessing of Wisdom now grants 92 mana per 5 seconds to prevent being overwritten by Mana Spring Totem.
- Hotfix (2009-04-23): "Greater Blessing of Wisdom and Mana Spring Totem will no longer stack as intended. "
- Patch 3.1.0 (14-Apr-2009): Now provides the same mana benefit as a paladin's Blessing of Wisdom to the entire party or raid, but is exclusive with that effect.
- / Patch 3.0.2 (14-Oct-2008): Totem duration increased from 2 to 5 minutes.
- Patch 2.3.0 (13-Nov-2007): The mana restored by the totem increased by roughly 50%.
- Patch 1.11.0 (20-Jun-2006): Mana cost reduced.