|Mana Tide Totem|
|Talent tree||Restoration, Tier 5|
- As the energy flowed into him, Phadalus heard the faint crashing of waves against the shore.
Mana Tide Totem is a totem that restores 24% of the maximum mana of party members within 30 yards. When used in a group of casters it is one of the most powerful mana restoring abilities in the game, and it used to be the trademark ability of restoration shamans.
Mana Tide Totem is a Water totem, and thus cannot be used at the same time as another water totem. Unlike all shaman totems, Mana Tide Totem inherits 10% of the shaman's health, but is still easily targeted and destroyed.
- Totemic Focus reduces the mana cost of casting the totem by 25%.
- Ancestral Knowledge effectively increases the amount of mana the caster gains from his own Mana Tide Totem by increasing Intellect and thus maximum mana.
Tips and tactics
If you know that a fight will last more than 6–7 minutes you can use Mana Tide Totem early on to ensure that you will be able to use it a second time near the end of the fight.
If you can see what buffs party members have and you are the only shaman in the group, you can check if your group members will be in range of the totem by placing a Mana Spring or Healing Stream totem at your current position. If someone in the group does not get the buff then you may want to move in range of them or tell them to get closer to where you are. Even one missed tick is a significant amount of mana lost.
- Patch 4.0.6 (8-Feb-2011): Has been redesigned. The totem no longer multiplies the Spirit of those affected by it. It instead gives a flat amount of Spirit equal to 400% of the casting shaman's Spirit, exclusive of short-term Spirit buffs affecting the shaman when the totem is dropped. In addition, its effects are now raid-wide.
- / Patch 4.0.1 (12-Oct-2010): Radius increased from 30 to 40 yd. Changed from restoring 6% of total mana to every target each 3 sec to increasing Spirit by 350%.
- Patch 3.2.0 (04-Aug-2009): Totem health now equal to 10% of the shaman's health.