|Mark of the Wild|
|Improved Mark of the Wild|
Mark of the Wild (MotW) is a druid buff spell that can be cast on yourself and friendly players. It increases the target's strength, agility, stamina, intellect, and resistances. Since the spell has a very long duration, it is standard practice to keep the spell up on all party members while in a group.
- Mark of the Wild can be cast on any friendly target, including many NPCs, players of your faction, and their pets.
- The resistance benefit of any rank of this spell does not stack with other resistance buffs. See Resistances for more information.
- The attribute bonuses do however stack with other player abilities that increase those attributes, such as Power Word: Fortitude, Arcane Intellect, Divine Spirit and Strength of Earth Totem.
- Like all buff spells, the rank of Mark of the Wild that can be cast on a target is limited by that target's level. A player may not have buffs that are learned any later than ten levels above their current level. As such, the highest rank of Mark of the Wild that could be cast on a level 1 player by a high level druid is rank 2.
Tips and Tactics
- Unlike some buffs, Mark of the Wild benefits every class in some way.
- A Druid should always have Mark of the Wild on themselves, and be sure that every member of their group has been buffed too (including any pets).
- If you have Mana to spare while soloing, any nearby friendly player will appreciate and benefit from this ability. Casting it on a priest will encourage the priest to cast Power Word: Fortitude on you in return. Likewise mages will often return the favor with Arcane Brilliance and paladins may cast Blessing of Might on you.
According to the World of Warcraft pen-and-paper RPG , Mark of the Wild is a druidic spell shared by druids, hunters, and elven rangers. By channeling the wild into a willing receptacle a caster can fill an ally with the feral grace and swiftness of the dire beasts of the Emerald Dream. Druids know two related druid-only spells called Greater Mark of the Wild, and Lesser Mark of the Wild.
CataclysmThis section concerns content exclusive to Cataclysm.
Pushed from a level one- to a level 30-ability, Mark of the Wild will no longer boost Spirit with Cataclysm. Furthermore it will increase the friendly target's Strength, Agility, Stamina, and Intellect by 5%, and all magical resistances by 65 (at level 80), for 1 hour.  It will be identical to Blessing of Kings and will not stack with it. The specific resistance amount given by the buff is equal to half the target’s level up to (and including) level 70, and gives 3 for every level 71 and up – at 68 and 69 it gives 34 resistance, at 70 it gives 35, and at 71 it gives 38.
Mark of the Wild gives 97 resistance to NPCs of Level 85, meaning this will likely be the new highest value it can provide to a player controlled character when the level cap is raised. When cast on Tyrande Whisperwind, a level ?? boss, this buff gives 117 resistance.
- / Patch 4.0.1 (12-Oct-2010): no longer increases armor and spirit. If player is in a group or raid and it is cast in a group/raid member, it will affect all members. Length increased from 30 minutes to 1 hour. Group version has been removed. Mana cost reduced from 24% to 14% of base mana. Associated talent Improved Mark of the Wild has been removed.
- Patch 3.3.0 (08-Dec-2009): The buff will be stored in a Consolidation Box when received.
- Patch 3.1.0 (14-Apr-2009): Can now be cast while in Moonkin form.