- This article is about how to defeat Marwyn in the Halls of Reflection. For Marwyn's character biography, see Marwyn.
|Location||Sword's Rest, Halls of Reflection|
Marwyn is the second boss of the Halls of Reflection, guarding the way to the Lich King's throne room. Once one of Arthas' lieutenants, he and his friend Falric turned to the Scourge when their prince took up Frostmourne, and now guard the way to his inner sanctum.
Marwyn becomes active on the tenth and final wave of the gauntlet of ghosts spawned to block intruders (which are also based on Human units from Warcraft III), and must be defeated in order to proceed to the Shadow Throne.
- ω ϖ (Heroic modeω ϖ)—A brutal instant attack that deals 20000 damage. Instant. 30,000 damage on Heroic
- ω ϖ 100 yd range—Corrupts targets within the circle, increasing their Shadow damage taken. Instant. Inflicts Corrupted Touch every two seconds
- ω ϖ (Heroic modeω ϖ) 28 yd range—Corrupts the flesh of nearby enemies, reducing their maximum health by 25% for 10 sec. Instant. -50% max health on Heroic. (3 sec cooldown)
- ω ϖ (Heroic modeω ϖ) 50,000 yd range—Deals 16000 Shadow damage over 12 sec to an enemy target. When removed, it splits the remaining damage to the target and his allies. Instant. Magic debuff. 4,000/3 sec on normal. 10,000/3 sec on Heroic
After defeating Falric, Marwyn will begin by unleashing four waves of adds, a random assortment of the following mobs, in increasing numbers each wave:
- - casts Shadow Word: Pain, Circle of Destruction, Cower in Fear and Dark Mending.
- - casts Fireball, Frostbolt, Chains of Ice and Flamestrike. Summons Phantom Hallucinations.
- - Rogue that inflicts Deadly Poison and also throws poisoned daggers. Can also Kidney Shot.
- - Warrior who can shield bash and enrage.
- - Hunter that can shoot normal projectiles, Ice Shots or Cursed Arrows, and sets Frost Traps.
The trash proximity aggro on whoever is closest when the mobs become active. Thus, the easiest way to handle the waves is to stand in the entrance hallway or the alcoves with Marywn with the tank on point so that the tank, and not the healer or squishy DPS, winds up with initial aggro. An alternative method is to begin the fight behind one of the two bosses as there are two corners the party may hide behind in order to line of sight the mobs to the group. This makes it much easier for the tank to pick up the mobs. The priests should be taken care of first – Dark Mending heals for a very large amount if it is not interrupted. The rest of the pull can be dealt with as the party sees fit. Do not underestimate undead-capable crowd control if things get out of hand.
At wave 10, Marwyn will become active and attack. Dispel the Shared Suffering at your own risk - otherwise, just heal through it, and stay out of the Wells of Corruption. With the Corrupted Flesh debuff, it is highly recommended to keep everyone topped off since they will have only 75% (50% on heroic) of their health. This might cause lower health dps or heals to die if Shared Suffering is dispelled right away or if party members stay in the Wells. Extra heals to the tank when hit by Obliterate.
- The master surveyed his kingdom and found it... Lacking. His judgement was swift and without mercy: DEATH TO ALL!
- Death is all that you will find here!
- Corrupted Flesh
- Your flesh shall decay before your very eyes!
- Waste away into nothingness!
- Killing a player
- I saw the same look in his eyes when he died. Terenas could hardly believe it. Hahahaha!
- Choke on your suffering!
- Yes... Run... Run to meet your destiny... Its bitter, cold embrace, awaits you.