Master's Call is a hunter ability learned at level 74 that allows the pet to remove root and movement-impairing effects from itself and the hunter (or hunter's friendly target) while in range.
Modified by Edit
- To work on "the pet's target", the hunter must actually select a friendly target either prior (if auto-self cast is enabled) or during.
- This does not work with daze effects and will not work when the pet and/or hunter are stunned.
- This ability relies on line of sight between the hunter and pet.
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 4.1.0 (26-Apr-2011): Master's Call now has a new spell effect.
- Patch 4.0.6 (8-Feb-2011): Master’s Call now has a 35-second cooldown, down from 1 minute, and its range has been increased to 40 yards, up from 25. In addition, the visual effect is more obvious.
- Patch 3.3.3 (2010-03-23): This ability will now function correctly when the pet is affected by one of a death knight’s diseases.
- Patch 3.2.2 (2009-09-22): This ability now correctly removes the snaring component of Infected Wounds, Frostfire Bolt, and Slow.
- Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20): Now makes the pet immune to roots and snares for the duration as well, allowing the pet to break roots on the target even when the pet is rooted.