|Matis the Cruel|
|Title||<Herald of Sironas>|
|Position||Lieutenant of Sironas|
|Location||Patrols the road east of the Vector Coil, Bloodmyst Isle|
Matis is the lieutenant of the man'ari eredar Sironas, the commander of the Sunhawks - the blood elves who battled the draenei for control of the Exodar, and are now attempting to retake it. Upon finding Galaen's Journal and discovering that Matis was responsible for the corruption of his mentor Vindicator Saruan, Vindicator Kuros gives the player a flare gun and sends them to capture Matis, who patrols from the Vector Coil.
- Matis the Cruel says: You will regret this, maggot.
When Knocked OutEdit
- Matis the Cruel falls unconscious.
When Matis is captured and the quest turned in, the following dialogue occurs:
- Image of Velen says: Bring forth the blood elf.
- Matis is brought forth from the holding cell.
- Image of Velen says: Matis, blood elf lieutenant of the Sunhawks, you have been found guilty of genocide against the draenei people.
- Image of Velen says: You are to be executed at light's dawning. Have you anything to say for yourself?
- Matis spits at the image of Velen.
- Image of Velen says: May the Light have mercy on your soul. Take him back to his cell.
- Matis says: The Light?
- Matis laughs.
- Matis says: I am Blood Knight, mongrel. I do not serve the Light, the Light serves me. If mercy is to be granted, it will be by me.
- Matis says: You seek to martyr me before my order - so be it. Strike me down, another will rise in my place and the suffering of the Light - of the conquered - will continue uninterrupted.
- Vindicator Kuros says: You blaspheme! The Light would never allow such an aberration!
- Matis says: The Light has no choice. It does as it is commanded. Just as the naaru you hold at the core of your vessel will do when we capture and enslave it... Do my words surprise you, blue blood? Yes we know... We know everything.
- Image of Velen says: Take him away.
- Blade of Argus says: Move!
- Matis says: Draenei dog! Did you know that the one you call Saruan wept like a babe as I beat him? A feeling of euphoria coursed through me, knowing that I had a member of high rank in my grasp. Were it not for Sironas' plans for him, I would have tortured him to death... As I do to all draenei that I capture. Alas, I am certain that you will see him again soon...
- Matis grins wickedly.
- Vindicator Kuros says: Breathe your last breath, heathen.
- Vindicator Kuros runs over to Matis and slays him.
- Vindicator Kuros spits on the corpse of Matis.
- Image of Velen says: Find their source of power and tear it down. Tear all of it down.