|Affiliation||The Burning Legion|
|Occupation||Envoy of Kil'jaeden (presumed), Leader of the Dreadlords (presumed)|
|Relative(s)||Anetheron (brother), Tichondrius (brother)|
When Archimonde came to Azeroth, he brought Anetheron with him, but Mephistroth remained behind in the Twisting Nether, presumably to maintain order within the Nathrezim. Even after the systematic deaths of, Anetheron, and Archimonde, Mephistroth remained intact (he is presumed to have taken the place of both Tichondrius and Anetheron as leader of the Dreadlords), waiting to wreak his havoc on the world another day.
Level 10 Mephistroth Statistics in Warcraft III
Since he was only in a single cutscene, he probably has the same statistics of a regular dreadlord and the abilities of Anetheron, plus a Frost ability or two (Possibly).
- Possible abilities(Can't be either confirmed or unconfirmed since we know little about him besides theories and his short appearance):
- 1.1: Frost Ability(Dreadlords usually have abilities according to their orbs in Warcraft 3. Everyone besides Anetheron of course)
- - About Vampiric Aura: The three dreadlords were only seen using this during that cutscene. Neither Tichondrius nor Anetheron is ever seen using it again as they had other abilities, so Mephistroth probably doesn't have this ability either.
- 1.2: Carrion Swarm (basic ability for a dreadlord)
- 2: Sleep (basic ability for a dreadlord)
- 3: Rain of Chaos(Both his brothers had this Infernal ability so he probably had it, too)
((1.1 Frost ability or 1.2 Carrion Swarm))
- Orb of Frost
- Unknown item(s)
Mephistroth's name is derived from Mephistopheles, the name given to the devil figure in the Faust Legend. Another derivative is Mephisto, the elder brother of Diablo. Mephisto also has some affinity with Frost(Maybe thats why the Frost orb came in at Mephistroth in the first place), lightning and poison. The name and such derivatives are often invoked to underly the sinister nature of the character in question.