Metamorphosis is a warlock ability learned at level 10 for those with the Demonology specialization. It is the hallmark of that specialization, allowing use of a demonic form powered by Demonic Fury, granting an array of unique abilities.
Modified by Edit
- Glyph of Soul Consumption
- Item Level
- Major Glyph
- Classes: Warlock (Destruction)
- Requires level 25
- Use: Permanently teaches you this glyph.
Drain Soul restores 20% of your total health after you kill a target that yields experience or honor.
Restore 20% of your total health after you kill a target in Demon Form that yields experience or honor.
Restore 20% of your total health after you kill a target with Chaos Bolt or Shadowburn that yields experience or honor.
- Sell Price: 1
- While shapeshifted, the demon-form warlock can be banished. Demon form is also susceptible to Turn Evil and grants an auto-crit on Exorcism but is immune to enslave demon.
- Also you speak Demonic instead of your normal language.
- Metamorphosis can be used for AoE Farming by picking up a bunch of Mobs and then using Immolation Aura and Hellfire
- Metamorphosis is adapted from the iconic demon hunter ability of the same name, and is visually based on Illidan Stormrage's demon form.
- Metamorphosis is considered [form:2] in macros.
- At one point, warlocks in demon form could be enslaved.
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 5.1.0 (27-Nov-2012): Removed the ranged Melee attack from Demonology Warlocks in Metamorphosis form, and increased the damage of Doom by 25% to compensate.
- / Patch 4.0.1 (12-Oct-2010): Challenging Howl, Shadow Cleave, and Demonic Charge Removed, Replaced with Demon Leap.
- Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20): The bonus armor effect from this ability will now calculate properly and interact correctly with armor buffs and debuffs.