|Cooldown||(GCD 1.5 sec)|
Molten Armor is a core mage ability learned at level 34. It increases spell critical strike chance while reducing physical damage taken. It is a self-buff armor spell. Molten Armor was introduced in the Burning Crusade expansion.
Modified by Edit
This is generally considered one of the best armor spells for PvE due to the increase in crit.
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 4.1.0 (26-Apr-2011): Molten Armor damage can no longer break Polymorph.
- Patch 4.0.6 (8-Feb-2011): Molten Armor, Frost Armor, and Mage Armor no longer cost mana.; Molten Armor tooltips now display the correct information.
- Patch 3.2.0 (04-Aug-2009): Critical strikes from the effect on this armor will no longer trigger Ignite.
- Patch 3.1.0 (14-Apr-2009): Chance to critically strike is now increased by a percentage of the mage's total spirit. 35% of spirit as crit rating (55% if you have the [Glyph of Molten Armor]).
- / Patch 3.0.2 (14-Oct-2008): Frost Armor, Ice Armor, Mage Armor and Molten Armor are no longer Magic effects and cannot be dispelled.
- Patch 2.4.2 (2008-05-13): Molten Armor will now do damage while a damage absorption shield is active.
- Patch 2.3.0 (13-Nov-2007): Ignite: This talent is no longer triggered by damage dealt by Molten Armor.
- Patch 2.1.2 (2007-06-19): Molten Armor can now proc when the Mage is sitting.
- Patch 2.1.0 (22-May-2007): Molten Armor will no longer be triggered erroneously by some non-melee attacks, such as Feral Faerie Fire. It will also no longer break crowd controlling affects such as Polymorph.
- Patch 2.1.0 (22-May-2007): A data error was fixed that was causing Molten Armor to generate more threat than intended.
- Patch 2.0.3 (09-Jan-2007): Mages using "Molten Armor" on themselves and being hit while casting "Arcane Missiles" or "Blizzard" will no longer cancel the spells.