|Cooldown||(GCD 1.5 sec)|
Molten Armor is a core mage ability learned at level 34. It increases spell critical strike chance while reducing physical damage taken. It is a self-buff armor spell. Molten Armor was introduced in the Burning Crusade expansion.
This is generally considered one of the best armor spells for PvE due to the increase in crit.
- Patch 4.1.0 (26-Apr-2011): Molten Armor damage can no longer break Polymorph.
- Patch 4.0.6 (8-Feb-2011): Molten Armor, Frost Armor, and Mage Armor no longer cost mana.; Molten Armor tooltips now display the correct information.
- Patch 3.2.0 (04-Aug-2009): Critical strikes from the effect on this armor will no longer trigger Ignite.
- Patch 3.1.0 (14-Apr-2009): Chance to critically strike is now increased by a percentage of the mage's total spirit. 35% of spirit as crit rating (55% if you have the [Glyph of Molten Armor]).
- / Patch 3.0.2 (14-Oct-2008): Frost Armor, Ice Armor, Mage Armor and Molten Armor are no longer Magic effects and cannot be dispelled.
- Patch 2.4.2 (2008-05-13): Molten Armor will now do damage while a damage absorption shield is active.
- Patch 2.3.0 (13-Nov-2007): Ignite: This talent is no longer triggered by damage dealt by Molten Armor.
- Patch 2.1.2 (2007-06-19): Molten Armor can now proc when the Mage is sitting.
- Patch 2.1.0 (22-May-2007): Molten Armor will no longer be triggered erroneously by some non-melee attacks, such as Feral Faerie Fire. It will also no longer break crowd controlling affects such as Polymorph.
- Patch 2.1.0 (22-May-2007): A data error was fixed that was causing Molten Armor to generate more threat than intended.
- Patch 2.0.3 (09-Jan-2007): Mages using "Molten Armor" on themselves and being hit while casting "Arcane Missiles" or "Blizzard" will no longer cancel the spells.