Spiderlings are young and voracious nerubians. While not nearly as intelligent as adult nerubians, spiderlings are still dangerous; in fact, when they gather in swarms (which they often do), they are more dangerous than nerubian workers. Adult nerubians carry their young around their lairs. Up to around a dozen spiderlings cling to the adult's body. Nerubians leave the spiderlings in their lair when they move to confront enemies, but foes who clash with nerubians in their tunnels may find themselves confronting a spiderling swarm. Nerubians are spiderlings for about 3 years. At this point, they are adult nerubians. Like young creatures of other races, spiderlings have a limited command and understanding of their native language, Nerubian. Spiderling swarms are almost always attached to adults; the only other way an adventurer can reasonably expect to run into a spiderling swarm is in a nerubian incubation chamber. Spiderlings follow the commands of other nerubians, particularly the adult to which they are attached. Once the nerubians have destroyed or routed all opponents, the spiderlings feed.
In World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King, spiderlings are undead spider-like creatures found with other undead nerubians. They do not appear to be nerubian young unless some kind of metamorphosis occurs, as they have a different model with only six limbs, no humanoid section, and no abdomen. They may be some kind of subservient subrace or caste in this incarnation.
- Ahn'kahar Swarmer, Ahn'kahet: The Old Kingdom
- Anub'ar Ambusher, Dragonblight
- Anub'ar Assassin, Azjol-Nerub
- Anub'ar Brood Keeper, Azjol-Nerub
- Anub'ar Invader, Dragonblight
- Burning Skimmer, Zul'Drak
- Hath'ar Skimmer, Zul'Drak
- Nerub'ar Skitterer, Borean Tundra
- Nerub'ar Tunneler, Borean Tundra
- Skittering Swarmer, Azjol-Nerub
See also Edit
- Nerubian flyers, a similar nerubian creature with eight legs and the ability to fly.